Forum Discussion

mtomp
New Contributor
12 months ago

Blank items in inventory

Hello! I have a significant amount of machines that show blank items in the inventory. Some of the machines show the OS Type, however Service Tag, Manufacturer, Model, etc.. are blank. Does anyone know of a way I can script a fix to update the inventory? I have also tried the " update the inventory with the latest value(s), click here."

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

• Hi mtomp,

Thank you for confirming, since this needs more investigation I have opened a support ticket for you.

KateG
    GoTo Moderator

Hi mtomp welcome to the GoTo Community. 

Usually once everything syncs it should be corrected, are you still experiencing this issue? 

mtomp
      New Contributor

No unfortunately the items do not show up after the sync. This is not happening on all workstations but on about ~200. I am wanting to possibly find a fix for this that I could push out, but not sure what is causing it specifically.

Thank you,

KateG
        GoTo Moderator

Hi mtomp

Can you  ensure the Inventory report is actually active on the account?

Note that activation can take 24-48 hrs, some systems and reports takes longer than other ones.

Then, keep checking Inventory Report totals which show in Central under Configuration > Reports. This will list how many hosts in total responded to Inventory Reporting being turned on.