Forum Discussion

NormW
Active Contributor
3 years ago

Computer shows as online, but is unreachable

Hi,

After logging into my account at https://secure.logmein.com/central/Central.aspx, my remote computer shows as "Online for X hours and Y minutes".  Is this an indication that the host software is running?

I ask because when I click the computer's icon,  the browser tries to connect to a URL at LogMeIn (it looks like "computername-randomstring.lmi-app14-20.logmein.com"), but the connection never completes - at least within the 15-20 minutes I've left it running.   Based on the "online" hours and minutes, the computer rebooted sometime this morning.  I was able to connect successfully before the reboot happened.   I'm wondering if the LogMeIn host software restarted properly.

Also, I have no problems reaching a second remote computer that is on the same network as the problem computer.

Regards,
Norm

• AshCIt turned out the computer had not rebooted after all.  The LogMeIn host software had halted.  The person who went to the site restarted the host software and I was able to open remote connections again.

Regards,
    Norm

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

NormW  If the affected host was just rebooted recently then there may be a problem with the start up or the LMI software itself.  I would suggest one more reboot, followed by a remote connection attempt first.  Then if that fails, try a full re-install of the desktop software. 

NormW
      Active Contributor

AshCThanks for the suggestions - I will give those a try and follow up here.  The computer is not just remote, but truly physically remote, so it may be a bit of time before I have results.

NormW
        Active Contributor

AshCIt turned out the computer had not rebooted after all.  The LogMeIn host software had halted.  The person who went to the site restarted the host software and I was able to open remote connections again.

Regards,
        Norm