Forum Discussion

DaveFox
5 years ago

Legacy Versions for OSX

Hi,

Today I have been auto-updated to a version of LogMeIn Pro that now renders the application unusable. On reading the minimum system requirements it states OSX 10.12. I am maxed out on this machine at 10.11, so there is the reason.

Is there any way of taking a backwards step to a legacy version?

I would have liked to ask this via the trouble ticket process but that appears to be broken.

Any pointers are gratefully received.

Many Thanks

Dave

IT-CW
    Active Contributor

I have the same issue.  Need to continue to use OSX 10.11 until later this year, for client app compat reasons. 

Mom2boys

I am having the same problem and am hoping someone has figured out a way around this. I have used this for years to do remote work and now we need it more then ever.

• Same here.

I have replaced my old Mac with an iPad pro, but ipad support is not ideal either (struggling with copy/paste short cuts and copying images,...). Therefore I tried my old Mac again but...

AshC
      Retired GoTo Contributor

Hey folks, your older OS should be set for a do-not-upgrade flag.  We will try to investigate why this is failing for some users. 

AlexJones
        New Contributor

After being a client since 2014, I have have had to move on from this product due to the inability to go back to the previous version of Client. I will no longer be a customer sad to say. After several conversations with support which was quite good, there seems to be no way forward. I have searched the internet for downloads of the older software to no avail. Sad to see it go, but I suspect there are many in the same boat. Having older versions of software is normal for most companies.

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

I apologize for the frustrations.  While it is possible to keep an older Mac system such as 10.11 available as a Host computer, the LogMeIn desktop application has no way to revert back to an older version.

webmaster265

You must provide legacy version of the client app.  I have over 30 employees that as of today will begin working from home due to coronavirus.  Mac laptops were located overnight and all are Mac OS 10.11

sstone

I need log me in client for El Capitan!!!

Mappy

Same issue for me.

Logmein Client Version: 4.1.7343 (4.1.0.7343) keeps crashing (SIG ABORT)
      because of my Mac being at 10.11.6 ...
      Can't use it anymore ... :(

Crashed Thread: 0 TLMIApplicationMain Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
      Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
      Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
      abort() called
      application requires at least OS X version 10.12.0 (10.12), but is being run on 10.11.6 ( 10.11.6/15G22010), and so is exiting

PLogic
        Visitor

SAME! Please share the last version so we can downgrade.