Forum Discussion

bsmith2
3 years ago

Logging into client mac can't see icons or anything other then menu bar HELP!

Hi,  I looked up the "fixes" to this problem but they do not seem to resolve the issue.  I've looked at the client side mac and permissions are granted.  

I can log in but can't see icons on desk top...just see their wallpaper on the desktop and taht it..besides the menu bar but can not see the dropdowns.  This is mac to mac. 

lesyk009
    Active Contributor

Same issue here, see image below for what we mean. 

GlennD
      GoTo Manager

Hi lesyk009,

• Which version of Mac OS is this Mac running?
      • Is this your first time connecting to this Mac? 
      • Do you have someone in front of the Mac who can check the Privacy and Security settings?  
        lesyk009
        Active Contributor

This Mac is running Monterrey 12.5 
        Not the first time connecting to this mac and this happens after a period of time on all of our macs - all running Monterrey - not just on first use. 
        I can go and look at the privacy and security settings this computer is in my office. The user rebooted the computer last night and that seems to have go it working again. I also on occasion of have tried the known fix for when logmein get stuck in a session on a mac. I SSH in and end and restart the logmein plist. That's worked with varying success. 

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

bsmith2  Please try this method when you are physically in front of the Mac host:  In System Preferences:  Privacy & Security section, Privacy tab, ensure that LMGUIAgent is checked under "Screen Recording" 

MaxOffice20

I have the same problem which only shows up after other non-admin users have logged in the computer and subsequently logged out. Only a reboot fixes it. The permissions are set right for all users. 
      Any ideas on how to fix it ?

1ConcernedUser
        Active Contributor

I have the same issue. No one from Logmein Support can help. The fix they have is only temporary and reverts back after a couple hours. Team Viewer does not have this issue and works great.