Forum Discussion

devBrowning
Active Contributor
4 years ago

LogMeIn Client - issues with Catalina

I recently updated my computer to Catalina 10.15.7. Since doing this, LogMeIn is no longer working. I'm able to connect to the remote computer, and see the desktop, but cannot click on anything, type, or do anything. I've talked to IT at my company, and he re-installed the application, but this has not fixed the problem. We've checked all the permissions we can think of and it looks like LogMeIn has full permissions.

Is there a fix for this? Or am I missing something?

• LogMeIn customer support gave me this solution, which worked:

To clear privacy settings open the terminal app on your host computer and paste the below command:

tccutil reset All com.logmein.logmeinserver ; tccutil reset All com.logmein.logmeinguiagent

After this completes, quit LogMeIn completely and re-open--it., then reboot your computer. This will prompt for all the required permissions again.

You need to make sure AEserver is selected at accessibility and all the options with the Logmein icon are selected.

devBrowning
    Active Contributor

LogMeIn customer support gave me this solution, which worked:

To clear privacy settings open the terminal app on your host computer and paste the below command:

tccutil reset All com.logmein.logmeinserver ; tccutil reset All com.logmein.logmeinguiagent

After this completes, quit LogMeIn completely and re-open--it., then reboot your computer. This will prompt for all the required permissions again.

You need to make sure AEserver is selected at accessibility and all the options with the Logmein icon are selected.

AshC
      Retired GoTo Contributor

Thank you for confirming the fix!

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

devBrowning  I'm sorry for all the trouble there.  

Are you able to confirm the LogMeIn software version installed there? 

Is the remote computer a Windows PC? 

devBrowning
      Active Contributor

Both computers are MacOS Catalina version 10.15.7. 

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

Can you say how the display is connected to the Host Macintosh?

Are you using any wireless devices at the client end?

Do you see the same behavior if you connect from a Windows PC?