Forum Discussion

lewisuk
New Contributor
3 years ago

Other users can connect but I cannot

I am having the same issue with the SSL error on the log me in Client and have been for a few weeks. Other users logging into the same machine are fine.  

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

lewisuk   Sorry, the threads you were referencing were pretty old, referencing some retired LMI versions. 

Please state the affected operating systems involved, as well as the LogMeIn Host software version, and any images of the exact error you receive.

Typically SSL errors indicate an issue with your local web browser.  Have you tested an alternate yet? 

lewisuk
      New Contributor

AshC  Thanks for the response.

Both Host and Client machines are windows 10.

Using Log Me In Pro

Host Log Me In version: 4.1.0.14344 (Mar 12 2021)

My machine is using Log Me In Client version : 1.3.5214

I'm using the LogMeIn Client to access the machine not a web browser, so I can't try an alternative. Unless I'm missing something here?

Other user are able to access from their machines. I am working through a site firewall which I have made sure TCP port  443 is open.

I've tried updating the licences as describe in this guide thanks to the support team:

https://support.logmeininc.com/central/help/my-logmein-host-is-disconnecting-at-verify-identity-what-can-i-do

I tried following this guide on firewalls but cannot see where the components it mentions are installed:

https://support.logmeininc.com/central/help/how-do-i-configure-a-firewall-to-work-with-logmein

This the error:

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

lewisuk  It does sound like a localized problem.  Just to be sure, have you tested an alternate network and tried disabling the firewall temporarily before you connect? 

Is the firewall a commercial or personal version?