Forum Discussion

chiswilson68
5 months ago

where is the support group for LogMeIn ?

Hi,

Where is the support group for LogMeIn?

Im on the support page (https://support.goto.com/) but there is no mention of LogMeIn ??

Specifically, Im trying to use LogMeIn to connect to a new Windows 11 PC we've recently setup.  On the PC, it appears we dont even have a Windows "password".  All we have is a PIN.  Which is fine - locally, we can log into the machine fine with the PIN.  But when trying to connect remotely using LogMeIn, it prompts for a 'password', not a PIN.  And trying to use the PIN here doesn't work.

Thanks.

CW

chiswilson68

Thanks- I will try this as soon as I can.

If we only have a user with a PIN on this machine (no Windows password), then would it work for me to uninstall the Logmein host software, then reinstall it, and hopefully get an Access code that way?   (If it gave an access code when we initially installed it, I didnt record it, so I have no idea what it was.)

Thanks,

CW

GlennD
        GoTo Manager

When you install Windows 10/11 now it defaults to having you register it to a Microsoft account (email and PW), instead of a local user account, so the Microsoft account PW may be your computers PW. If you reinstall LMI Pro on the computer and it does not detect a PW it should ask you to create an Access Code that it will then use when you sign in remotely.