MatthewB57
Active Contributor
3 months ago
New

Allow setting the number of callers required for"Periodic announcement message" trigger in Queues

After trying to get the "Period announcement message" to trigger, I called support to find out why it wasn't working.  I was informed that the message is only played when there are 3 or more callers in the queue.

This setting should be controlled so that Admins can adjust for their circumstances.  In my case, I need it to trigger always, whether 1, or 30 callers in the queue.  Even with only 1 caller in the queue, if I have a staff member attending to a person in front of them and they are unable to answer the phone, I want the message to be used to notify the caller about escape options or to apologize for the long wait.

My specific request is to add a field next to the "Period announcement message" feature that indicates the # of callers in the queue required before the message is played.  Likely have 0 (any number of callers), then otherwise you can set an integer value from 1 to whatever limit is practical for the system to handle.

You guys are already setting this at 3 in the background settings that we can't control, just allow this feature to be controlled in the PBX Admin portal so we can customize to our specific phone system needs.

Thanks for considering this improvement! 

No CommentsBe the first to comment