cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gauthama1996

API Limit reached

We have a logmein central account and trying to get that integrated in a third party service helpdesk.  We try to fetch all the hosts connected in LogMein central account with the API and then make a connection to a single host with the description(host id) from the list all hosts payload . A rate limit error throws when
trying to hit the API endpoint for more than one time per minute.

5 REPLIES 5
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: API Limit reached

Hi there,

I'm afraid the API limit for Central is set a one call every few minutes, so if you're exceeding more than once per minute, that will definitely trigger the blockage.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
jackbarry
New Contributor

How is the rate limit enforced? The docs don't seem to clearly state what the limitations are. I'm curious if it's possible to have more than one PSK for a single company and basically try to cycle through those to get around the rate limit?

We've got several thousand machines in the field so the rate limit poses a pretty big barrier to programmatically generating reports on which of those machines are currently offline.

Would really appreciate some notes on this added into the API docs.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@jackbarry  I'm sorry, the rate limits are currently set to prevent any malicious attacks, and cannot be increased at this time. 

jackbarry
New Contributor

I understand. Is it at least possible to get the limits added into the docs? That would beat going through the mystery solving game we've had to play on this one.

Also, any answer on the PSK question? We're building out a service that pulls from LogMeIn's API, and will deployed to several stages (QA, staging, prod). If we can only use one PSK for our entire company that's something we need to incorporate into our strategy. Are PSKs issued per user or per company?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@jackbarry  I'm sorry, only one PSK per company at this time.