cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BCSTech
Active Contributor

Issues connecting with DPI-SSL enabled

Our company utilizes DPI-SSL (SSL Inspection) on the perimeter firewall.  For quite some time we have had the issue occur where someone attempts to connect to a PC that it outside of our network and they are given an error message that they are unable to connect.  My workaround has been (as it occurs) to manually exclude the hostnames associated with the certificates being issued to the computer.  They all the same pattern of ".lmi-app**-**.logmein.com" (Examples:  *.lmi-app26-03.logmein.com / *.lmi-app24-02.logmein.com).  I've attempted to contact support to gain a listing of all hostnames that follow that pattern, but they say they cannot provide that info.  I'm unable to perform a double wildcard (*.*.logmein.com).  Any suggestions as to how to gain this list of hostnames?  Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Issues connecting with DPI-SSL enabled

Hi @BCSTech

I am looking into this for you at moment, have you tried placing the wildcard between "app" and ".logmein.com ?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
BCSTech
Active Contributor

Our firewall doesn't support double wildcard (*.*.logmein.com) or wildcards within the URL (connect.*.logmein.com).  I can only do a wildcard at the beginning of the URL (*.connect.logmein.com).

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Unfortunately, all of the information that we can share is already covered in our Allowlisting and Firewall Configuration support article. Perhaps your firewall vendor can assist?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
BCSTech
Active Contributor

Thanks for checking Glenn.  I've already contacted our firewall vendor.  They recommended I disable SSL inspection for any of the "*.lmi-app**-**.logmein.com" urls.  That is what I've been doing as our workaround.