cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ox1
New Contributor

Login without having to type a password no longer works on mobile

For a little while now, I have not been able to login without having to type a password for windows on my mobile device even though the password is saved in the app.

I have been using this function to save passwords for years and it still works fine on desktop. I can login with a saved password on desktop and I received a prompt asking me to login without typing the password. This prompt has stopped working on Mobile devices. I have checked all the setting and read forums but i can’t seem to find an answer on how to active this on mobile devices.

Can anyone please help?

16 REPLIES 16
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Login without having to type a password no longer works on mobile

@Ox1 welcome to the GoTo Community. What mobile device are you using? 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
Ox1
New Contributor

Samsung S20 Ultra

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@Ox1 thanks for your reply. We haven't been able to replicate this on our side, but suggest trying the following: 

Ox1
New Contributor

I tried that, I also tried to uninstall the app and reinstall it but still have the same issue.

Ox1
New Contributor

I’ve tested this on a normal s20, on a fresh install and it’s the same. I’ve also tested this with admin and standard user account and still the same. If no one is reporting this issue I’m wondering if it’s a configuration issue on the console. Is there anything that i can check?

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@Ox1 checking with our team, we haven't been able to replicate. One suggestion is to check your company security settings: 

KateG_0-1675812458625.png

BoroSec
New Contributor

I have the opposite issue, but looks as thought may be solved same way. On one of my computers I take home to work remotely, I accidentally checked the remember password, don't ask me every time when I was first trying to login. I would like it to ask me every time, but it no longer does. I do not see the area you are showing below. I looked under Settings, Security on the LogMeIn website. Is there somewhere else? Thank you!

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @BoroSec welcome to the GoTo Community. Have you tried logging out or clearing your clearing cookies and cache? 

Sensible_Ray
New Contributor

This issue is happening everywhere and frustrating my clients. We have 400 clients using LogMeIn and they use the LogMeIn client and it now requires them to put their username and password in everytime. This started happening in the last 8 weeks and its a pain. Even clicking on remember makes no difference