cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chrischevy

Remote printing does not put back the correct default printer after disconnection

We support our customers with Logmein Central.

For one of them, when we connect remotely with Logmein, the default printer changes to the Logmein Printer, which is normal. When we disconnect, Windows does not revert back to the default printer that was selected before we connected. Another printer is set at default and it creates issues for this customer. Is there a way to completely disable Remote Printing for this computer ? Unchecking the printers in the Logmein options is not a valid solution because a lot of different technicians connect to this computer, so they would all need to uncheck the printers individually.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Remote printing does not put back the correct default printer after disconnection

Hi @Chrischevy welcome to the GoTo Community.  You can disable the printing via the  Host Preference Package located under Category: Remote Control > Remote Printing > Uncheck Enable remote printing. Thanks for sharing this experience, I have shared it with the team. 

Screenshot_20230214_030005.png

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Remote printing does not put back the correct default printer after disconnection

Hi @Chrischevy welcome to the GoTo Community.  You can disable the printing via the  Host Preference Package located under Category: Remote Control > Remote Printing > Uncheck Enable remote printing. Thanks for sharing this experience, I have shared it with the team. 

Screenshot_20230214_030005.png

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
Mike2020

Thank you ! I wasn't aware of all these options because I didn't have admin access in Logmein Central.

I've disabled remote printing and I will test with our customer today.