cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tony7
Active Contributor

SSH to specific IP address

Currently use Central Pro. I need to give a developer access to a specific IP address that connects to a Unix box. Can this be done through Central? Or do I need to use Hamachi or another product?

4 REPLIES 4
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: SSH to specific IP address

Hi @Tony7 , 

Welcome to the GoTo Community. I see that you have an open case with support who recommend using Remotely Anywhere to assist with this. Did that help? 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
Tony7
Active Contributor

Support told me Retmotely Anywhere was old and Central Pro replaced it. What is the best way to achieve my goal.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Tony7, welcome to the community.

Can you provide some more information? We do not have any services that support Unix, but we do have some support for Linux. You could give access to a Windows PC or Mac on the same network and then the developer could SSH into the Unix box?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
Tony7
Active Contributor

We use a terminal emulation to  ssh into the Unix box from Windows. But instead of allowing the developer access to a Win desktop and then access the terminal emulation app, I wanted him to go directly  to the IP address of the Unix.

It looks like we will allow access to the desktop but just lock it down so he cannot go anywhere but use the terminal emulation.