Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickbern
Active Contributor

Re: Screen Blanking not working after Windows 10 2004

Ellem,

Here's my findings on the issue

I think that's not logmein's problem, I think it's autodesk's. I discovered this issue a year ago when we went full remote.

https://revitforum.org/showthread.php/43013-Revit-No-Monitor-LogMeIn-model-does-not-show

I tried the little dongles (display emulators), they worked for a while, but some windows upgrade killed the ability to resize a window. The best I can come up with while this ridiculous problem persists is to put some  tracing paper affixed with drafting dots over the screen

ISHelpdesk
New Contributor

We do not have Autodesk installed on a machine that had the issue.  We updated and the issue resolved.  She is running Windows version 2004.

dstech
New Contributor

Most definitely is not an Autodesk problem - as we don't have autodesk installed either.

Our Logmein worked flawlessly and fast before the update.  Yes the screen blanking wasn't working however using the product didn't impose any degradation of screen performance or mouse lag, now that screen blanking is fixed, the performance has suffered greatly.

I would prefer the option of turning off screen blanking to gain back the performance we had previously.

rickbern
Active Contributor

Your missing the point. I was responding to one specific post about revit having a blank screen. Sorry to confuse you.

wrketk
New Contributor

Screen blank works but only if I use a single monitor. If I try to go to 2 monitors then screen blanking doesn't work. How can this be fixed?

ISHelpdesk
New Contributor

On the machine I had to update.  I ended up removing and reinstalling LogMeIn on the host machine.

swigco
Active Contributor

Ash I was only able to try from my desktop to a work laptop Dell Latitude 7490 and the screen did not blank. I connect a TV using HDMI and neither screen blanked. However I was just remoting to a user/s Latitude and was given the option to blank the screen. We have another user with Optiplex and she is experiencing the lag even after disabling the virtual driver. 

I hate to say that is seems to be inconsistent. Not what any troubleshooter wants to hear.

Pavla

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

For those users affected by multiple monitor issues, we may have an updated endpoint version you can try.  The download is available here:  https://www.logmeinusercontent.com/links/0ddcef75e609f4f0183b61081a957fd89 

After further testing we hope to push this out to all users in the coming days.  Please let us know if you have any more issues with the new version. 

Thanks. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
ITDEPT87
Active Contributor

@AshCShould we expect the color quality/mouse trailing issue resolution to follow closely behind this?

I tested this latest release just to see if it was covered and it was not.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@ITDEPT87  Certainly the multiple mouse problem, though I'm not sure about the display alterations.  Can you say which operating system you installed the beta build upon?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!