cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewH85
Active Contributor

Screen Blanking not working after Windows 10 2004

Microsoft has pushed out Windows 10 2004 to my workstations in our office and now screen blanking no longer works. 

My employee's are working remotely and rely on screen blanking for privacy. My company handles many sensitive items and this issue is causing havoc as I'm now having to move computers to new locations to protect information. 

Worst still LogMeIn has no detection method to caution the user that screen blanking is not working. Employee's are at home looking at confidential information for anyone in our office to see thinking the screen blanking is working unless informed by someone in the office. 

I've tried most of the fixes people would normally do, update drivers, enable disable hardware acceleration, remove and reinstall monitor drivers, display adapters. I've tried AMD, Intel, and Nvidia Graphics cards and the issue remains. 

I opened the support case 13356680 but that did not really provide any resolution and i was directed to call in. I talked with an agent where we looked at a few different items but found no resolution. In talking with development I was told 2004 is beta and unsupported???  Considering the size of LMI I would think you guys would be testing on the preview channel's to head off issues like this.

Does anyone else have the issue?

Has anyone figured out a workaround other than rollback of a system to the 1909 version? 

Is there any eta on a fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Screen Blanking not working after Windows 10 2004

Thanks for your patience everyone. 

We've released an update that fixes the screen blanking failure for hosts running Windows v2004 and higher.  Please upgrade affected PCs to LogMeIn host software 4.1.0.14344 in order to activate the new screen blanking method. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

171 REPLIES 171
MarkM1

Re: Screen Blanking not working with Windows 10 2004

We have also noticed recently that some users screens are not blanked out. We have recently been upgrading userrs PCs to Windows 10, update 2004 and it does appear to be those PCs that are affected. We have had to go around the office and turn everyones monitor off. Do we know if a fix will be applied soon? 

AndrewH85
Active Contributor

Mark,

They did not give me any indication of a time frame for a fix. When I called they still considered 2004 to be in preview/beta yet it was released.

I've tried lots of things to resolve the issue from my end but it ended up being frutiless. Rollback was about the only thing that worked. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

I apologize for the delays in supporting Windows 10 V2004, and expect an update regarding Central services very soon.  

Thanks for your patience. 

tabakdds
Active Contributor

Not working here either. I hope update will come out soon

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

You may be able to see results if you force the new blanking method via setting RemoteControl\BlankScreenMethod (DWORD) to 1.

This Community member also posted a solution you may find useful:  https://community.logmein.com/t5/LogMeIn-Pro-Discussions/Uninstalling-the-DPMS-Driver/m-p/222713#M11...

AndrewH85
Active Contributor

The registry key was already set, and the uninstalling driver did not resolve the issue.

tabakdds
Active Contributor

Any solution yet? This been really frustrating experience so far.

tonyv1
Active Contributor

Hello, 

We are having issues with blanking screens on windows 10 version 2004. I've uninstalled the monitor drivers and reinstalled them to see if the DPMS driver would install but nothing works. In our work enviornment, the blank screen function is critical. Please is there a fix to this? Thank you.

tonyv1
Active Contributor

HI - When is this update coming? It has been almost 3 months and we are still having the same issue.