Did you mean: 
ITDEPT87
Active Contributor

Re: Screen Blanking not working after Windows 10 2004

@AshCThank you!

rickbern
Active Contributor

It doesn't really surprise me, but  a month after "any day now"  I'm still on 14344.

Any comment?

Exvaris
New Contributor

I've been having on-and-off issues with screen blanking for a long time. For several months my screen blanking worked fine, but sometime in the last few weeks it stopped working and now people around my host computer can still see what I'm looking at.

Is there some new fix to this coming? Screen blanking seems very inconsistent and this presents a problem for me as I am working with sensitive information.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Exvaris  Can you confirm the operating system in use there, as well as the LMI software version installed? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Exvaris
New Contributor

@AshC 

Windows 10.0.19042

LMI 4.1.0.14344

Anon21108
Active Contributor

Yes. It's broken AGAIN. Screen blanking has been broken consistently for a year. It's ridiculous. 

Now when I try to use it, windows explorer on the  remote computer keeps crashing and I can't control the remote machine. It crashes, restores the desktop and then promptly crashes again in an endless loop. 

Logmein should be ashamed of this disaster. It has been ongoing since 2020 and they have done little to fix it. I pay to use this software and have been a customer for more than a decade. I have been using Logmein since it first became available in the early 2000s. It used to be great but now it appears that they have got their fingers in so many other things due to acquisitions that they care little about the product that started it all. 

Exvaris
New Contributor

I am not getting crashes. I can remote in and control the computer just fine, but it doesn't blank the screen.

Anon21108
Active Contributor

Performance is dependent on the machine I connect to. It works on some machines and not on others. There is no consistency.  The one machine I need it to really work on is the one where explorer crashes repeatedly. The crashing stops as soon as I disable screen blanking. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Exvaris  Can you also tell us what hardware / computer model is having trouble with screen blanking? 

In reality we will probably need to gather both LMI and Windows logs to compare notes.  I'm sorry this is still affecting some of your sessions. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!