cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
telenberger
Active Contributor

Using LMI Central to Apply Windows 10 Updates Fails

Been using LMI for at least 7 years and with the progression of Windows 10, the ability to push updates to all my computers isn't working like it once did. It used to be that once Central showed an update was availabe, I could "Check for updates now" and it would either show the same update or show more, but when you went to apply them, they would run and apply. Now I get "Details not available for "X" updates. Please check again later." This goes on for days and I end up dialing into all my computers and running all the updtes manaually or it says they are applying but when I log into the computer the following day, they are still there and have not applied, this is a colassal waste of time and the reason we have LMI. So what has happened that this isn't working like it used to? And please, don't tell me to call support and open a ticket, ever since LMI and Go to Meeting joined, the support has fallen off, if you ask a question off script you get silence and they NEVER call or email me back. Somehow every problem I report is a fault on my end even though, it never is.

60 REPLIES 60
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Using LMI Central to Apply Windows 10 Updates Fails

I am sorry about the new issues there, @telenberger

Are all of these Win10 machines on the same network, or in the same location?

While I don't know of any current issues like that affecting Windows 10 clients, I'll see what can be done to resolve it quickly...

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
telenberger
Active Contributor

I have 17 locations so each location is it's own network. This problem isn't a network issue or location issue, how could it be when it's effecting ALL of my Windows 10 computers nationwide? If it was network then it would only effect a small portion, not all.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

I can't seem to replicate this problem in test environments here.  If you can recreate the same issue on the next windows update with a test machine, would you be able to help us document the behavior with Customer Care?

kpicciotti
Active Contributor

This is happening to us too.... It is random and we have over 500 computers. It is happening with the Windows 10 computers and we have 10 different locations. Very fustrating. 

We can log into the computer management, but we cannot remote into their desktop to resolve issues. 

oscarwingartz
New Contributor

Us too, sometimes logme in reports new updates and when i go check the laptop physically there are none, and the check back later banner dissapears, but my boss uses the yellow status in the console as metrics to my work and i get -why aren't this pc's updated? why is this pc still yellow?.

Better check it out on your side

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@oscarwingartz @kpicciotti  We are currently investigating this problem, and will update the Community thread with new information as it becomes available.

oscarwingartz
New Contributor

ok keep us posted

telenberger
Active Contributor

Yes, please look into it and if you want examples, call me tomorrow (7/11/2019) and I can show you my current list of computers that since yesterday morning (07/09/2019) have told me I have 3 updates pending but when I try to apply them it says: "Details not available for "3" updates. Please check again later."  Its later and I still can't apply them unless I dial directly into the computer. I really can't understand why you can't see this or duplicate it when everyone else can.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@telenberger  I am confident we have enough information to move forward with a fix on this.  Apologies for the delays, we will update you as new information becomes available.