cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wallsy
New Contributor

Windows Updates

I am currently trying to use logmein central to view the Windows update status on out computers , i have updated many computers but in central it still shows these machines and requiring updates , some of these week updates weeks ago , but still show that there are updates required, i know that the optional updates are part of this also. i have checks a few machine that are fully updates including the drivers and options updates, but still show that updates are required, is there any way to force LMI to check a machine? is there a current Bug? its just not reliable, i dont trust it.

thanks

james

9 REPLIES 9
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Windows Updates

Hi @wallsy welcome to the GoTo Community.  Please ensure update.microsoft.com has been whitelisted so  LogMeIn services are able to check behind the scenes when it does its Windows Update checks. Thanks! Let me know how it goes. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
CS_HelpDesk
GoTo Contributor

Hi @wallsy,

You may need to check if you have any group policies assigned to your computers. Central never bypasses those policies.

Do the updates in Central also come up in the Windows Update page of the computers affected? Do you know their operating system?

I would recommend you enable debug level logs on all of your computers, as a best practice, and push the Windows Update again right after; Then open a support ticket and upload the debug logs there. Our support team will be able to investigate further that way and provide you with a resolution.

wallsy
New Contributor

update.microsoft.com is whitelisted, we can see from the computers page the updates status and antivirus , however once I've fully updated a machine, after central telling me that there are 8 updates, it still shows 8 updates pending for a long time. and can be like this for a few days , before it becomes green.

wallsy
New Contributor

You may need to check if you have any group policies assigned to your computers. Central never bypasses those policies.

we do but nothing that would annoy windows updates or logmein.

Do the updates in Central also come up in the Windows Update page of the computers affected? Yes

Do you know their operating system? Windows 10 and 11

wallsy
New Contributor

here are the logs

2023-08-10 07:59:54.871 - Info - LogMeIn - NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM - 09084 - 0x00001FC8 - AVBridge - IPC Alive & DataAvailable
2023-08-10 07:59:55.077 - Info - LogMeIn - NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM - 05084 - 0x000012BC - WebSvc - Trying to acquire gateway data from DNS.
2023-08-10 07:59:55.080 - Info - LogMeIn - NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM - 05084 - 0x000012BC - WebSvc - No gateway info yet, requesting gateway data.
2023-08-10 07:59:55.081 - Info - LogMeIn - NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM - 05084 - 0x000012BC - LoadUrl - Loading: https://secure.logmein.com/myrahost/list.aspx?weighed=1&os=windows&buildnumber=15158
2023-08-10 07:59:55.081 - Error - LogMeIn - NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM - 05084 - 0x000012BC - Socket - Failed to resolve address for secure.logmein.com, error: 11001
2023-08-10 07:59:55.082 - Error - LogMeIn - NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM - 05084 - 0x000012BC - Socket - Failed to connected to secure.logmein.com on port 443
2023-08-10 07:59:55.082 - Error - LogMeIn - NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM - 05084 - 0x000012BC - WebSvc - Could not connect to LogMeIn.com. Please make sure LogMeIn is enabled on any firewalls and your Internet connection is active.
2023-08-10 07:59:55.906 - Error - LogMeIn - NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM - 09084 - 0x00001FC8 - OESISWrapper::OESISLib - Error on invoke:
{"input":{"method":1000,"signature":477}}
Response:
{
"error" : {
"errors" : [
{
"code" : -23,
"method" : "dispatcher.dispatch( wjIn, wjOut )",
"called_at" : "wa_api.cpp:1200",
{
"returned_at" : "wa_api_dispatcher.cpp:208",
{
"message" : "Number of terminal sessions found: 2",
"returned_at" : "wa_utils_os.cpp:548",
"code" : -61
},
{
"returned_at" : "wa_utils_os.cpp:555",
"message" : "Session id = 0, state = 4, name = Services",
},
{
"message" : "Session id = 1, state = 1, name = Console",
"returned_at" : "wa_utils_os.cpp:555",
},
{
"returned_at" : "wa_utils_os.cpp:1048",
"code" : -50
},
{
"message" : "Failed to get stack error from scripting engine",
"returned_at" : "wa_nutjob.cpp:270",
"code" : -23
},
{
"returned_at" : "wa_impl_scripting.cpp:335",
},
{
"returned_at" : "wa_utils_component_manager.cpp:243",
}
],
}
]
}
],
"method" : 1000,
"description" : "Defines an error when the system or product is in an invalid state to perform the invocation call requested.",
"timing" : 15,
"timestamp" : "1691650795",
"signature" : 477,
"define" : "WAAPI_ERROR_INVALID_STATE"
}
}
Return code: -23

CS_HelpDesk
GoTo Contributor

Central mirrors what is pending in Windows Updates. 

I can't say where the sync issue is, that is not displaying the correct information. 

Your log is showing Windows Error 11001, which is related to firewall issues, and I would contact our support for further troubleshooting.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

@wallsy, I've gone ahead and opened a support ticket for you.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
HappyHippo
Active Contributor

We are having the exact same error on a lot of our devices (I've reported this in the past). Windows updates is available and can be invoked manually via the Windows Update application.

LogMeIn reports '21 important updates' but does not allow us to select to install. When pressing 'Check for updates', it sits there, throws the same error message as the original poster and stays on '21 important updates'. I can confirm that there are no updates available for the affected devices.

We have tried updating LogMeIn to the latest and running the same update process but it still fails. Could someone please confirm if this was resolved?

Response:
{
    "error" : {
                    {
                        "method" : "dispatcher.dispatch( wjIn, wjOut )",
                        "called_at" : "wa_api.cpp:1211",
                                {
                                    "message" : "Failed to get stack error from scripting engine",
                                    "returned_at" : "wa_nutjob.cpp:270",
                                },                                
                                {
                                    "returned_at" : "wa_impl_scripting.cpp:354",
                                },                                
                                {
                                    "returned_at" : "wa_utils_component_manager.cpp:243",
                                },                                
                                {
                                    "returned_at" : "wa_api_dispatcher.cpp:255",
                                }
                            ]
                    }
                ],
            "method" : 1000,
            "description" : "Defines an error when the system or product is in an invalid state to perform the invocation call requested.",
            "timing" : 625,
            "timestamp" : "1704366708",
            "signature" : 477,
            "define" : "WAAPI_ERROR_INVALID_STATE"
        }
}
Return code: -23

Thank you.

HappyHippo
Active Contributor

Removed.