cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
casascoco
Active Contributor

Your session may have timed out or the host may have gone offline

The error occurs after opening the dashboard of the remote host using the logmein client software, then trying a remote connection from the dashboard.  The remote host says it is in session however when trying to remote I receive the error "Your session may have timed out or the host may have gone offline. Please try again."  and offers Reconnect or Close options.  The reconnect button causes the same error.  It appears to be a problem when first accessing the dashboard.  After speaking with phone support they recommend restarting the remote machine, which can't be done until the client is back on site, defeating the purpose of having remote access.  I have had this same issue with multiple remote hosts, running different operating systems. Any other solutions? Besides switching remote software providers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Your session may have timed out or the host may have gone offline

@casascoco  This could very well be caused by something on the host side, stopping the initial attempt. Please check that there are no pending OS updates. Could you reach out to Customer Support by phone when you have someone at one of the problem PCs to troubleshoot?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@casascoco  I apologize for the difficulties there. 

Are you able to discern any similarities between the connection types, PCs, networks, operating systems or availability time online?

casascoco
Active Contributor

Thanks for the response @AshC 

The connection types have been wireless or wired, on both Verizon fios and Comcast.  PC hardware is all different.  OS has been Windows 7 32 & 64 bit, Windows 8.1 64 Bit, and Windows 10 32 & 64 bit. Avaibility time online can range from Months to minutes.

LMI support said to restart the PC locally and/or reinstall LMI, and from my experience a restart typically fixes the problem, until the next time.

Some of these clients are out of state so a restart is not a simple solution, and due to the new sign in requirements for a logmein install, getting the client to install does not work.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@casascoco  Do you know if some of the affected PCs are older, or what their specific reboot cycle is?  If this happens frequently at one location or LAN, we might be able to collect more log files for engineering.

casascoco
Active Contributor

@AshC the age of the PC's vary from brand new to 5+ years old.  The issue is not more frequent at any one location.  Isolating the times is difficult because it is only discovered when remoting in, which can be as long as 6 months between remote sessions. If you direct me to the relevant log file directory I'll get the most recent occurance uploaded for engineering to review.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@casascoco  Did the dashboard show these PCs as 'in session' already, or did that happen only after your innitial connection attempt?

casascoco
Active Contributor

@AshC  Only after the initial connection attempt

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@casascoco  This could very well be caused by something on the host side, stopping the initial attempt. Please check that there are no pending OS updates. Could you reach out to Customer Support by phone when you have someone at one of the problem PCs to troubleshoot?

DaveSC
Active Contributor

2nd April 2019

Hi,

Did you mange to get to the bottom of this problem? Support have been trying to resolve this issue for me for the past 4 months and I still have this issue on 100's of hosts.

I would really appreciate if you could let me know if the issue has been resolved and if so, how.

A desperate LogMeIn Central User

casascoco
Active Contributor

Hey @DaveSC,

Sadly no. The issue still continues to pop up on a regular basis.  From what I've gathered it appears to be a problem with the LogMeIn Service, or one of its dependencies. This may be a shot in the dark but you could try setting up a recovery response for the LogMeIn Service.  My thought is for first and second failure restart the service at 1 and 2 minutes, and on subsequent failures restart the computer.  I have not tested this theory yet, but please let me know if you have success trying it out. I'll keep you updated if I have the time to try this fix.

@AshC I have tried calling support when on site, and they ask for remote access to the host, which my clients do not authorize due to NDA's and privacy policies.  I would be happy to try to walk through the problem with support without them creating a remote session to my client's host.  However, phone support appears to be unwilling to help in this manner.