cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crp0499

how to adjust idle timeout - when it's greyed out

crp0499_0-1722883432238.png

l have not been able to change this as it's greyed out.  I talked to support (worthless) and they suggested I reinstall.  To humor them, I did.  I cannot adjust this no matter what profile I use.  I log in as a local PC admin and I log in as a domain admin, and I cannot adjust this setting.  It's under Options\Preferences\Advanced.  There is not a group policy either...I checked for that.  I even wrote a custom config in my portal and added the PC in question and still no luck.

Does anyone here know how to adjust this setting?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: how to adjust idle timeout - when it's greyed out

Hi @crp0499 welcome to the GoTo Community, 

I believe you are using Central based on your support case and that this is usually associated with Central. 

Most likely it's disabled because there is a Host Preference Package Sent to that host and it needs to be changed on Central in the HPP settings. If you apply a Host Preference Package you should be able to modify the Idle time. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: how to adjust idle timeout - when it's greyed out

Hi @crp0499 welcome to the GoTo Community, 

I believe you are using Central based on your support case and that this is usually associated with Central. 

Most likely it's disabled because there is a Host Preference Package Sent to that host and it needs to be changed on Central in the HPP settings. If you apply a Host Preference Package you should be able to modify the Idle time. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training