Did you mean: 
howardm19
Active Contributor

Re: Very poor quality of .webm file with no audio

The information (from a colleague who starts the meeting and records it):

• MacBook Pro with M2 silicon chip
• MacOS 13.3.1(a)
• Local recording using latest version of the client
• Audio: ...using their VOIP protocol using the Mac's microphone and speaker (standard audio)
Yes, it's always reproducible.  If I do a meeting by myself, the audio works. If I do a group, there is no audio.

----

Howard
GlennD
GoTo Manager

@howardm19 So far in my testing I have not been able to recreate the issue of missing audio. I have another test planned for tomorrow with a newer Mac just in case it is somehow related to the newer M1/M2 Macs (mine are Intel-based). If we are still unable to recreate the issue the next step would be to have you host a test meeting with one of our support representatives so they can connect to your computer and investigate.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
JEDtech
New Contributor

I just had the missing audio problem from a meeting on 6/15/23 done on an Intel MacBook Pro 2019 running Ventura 13.4 and GoTo 3.38 (6/6/23).  This is more than embarrassing.  The GoToMeeting app was clunky but reliable.  I hung onto it as long as I could until forced to use the GoTo app.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @JEDtech, we were unable to recreate this issue in May and I have just tested the latest version of the GoTo App v4.0 that we just released, and local recording is capturing both the audio and the shared screen. Have you made any local recordings more recently that you have experienced this issue with?

Please note that on Macs in the Privacy and Security settings the GoTo App does need to have permission for: Microphone, Screen Recording and Camera.  

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
GoToMathias
GoTo Contributor

Hi Howard,

a bit of good news: we can confirm issues with the local recording and missing content/audio in those recordings with the GoTo App. We do have some understanding of the underlying issue but we don't have a fix yet. I'll try to post again once a fix is near.

Thank you for reporting it and your patience!

InnerWorks

I've had three sessions in the last two months where the audio recording of the meeting was lost, including the meeting of July 22. The recordings usually download to a local folder. Clearly, the process is faulty. This is very counterproductive for the participants and will likely result in the cancellation of my account. If your product cannot deliver a higher standard of quality, get it off the market and quit wasting people's time.

GoToMathias
GoTo Contributor

Hey InnerWorks,

I am sorry for the issues you are facing. As I wrote above, we are aware of the issue and have some understanding but not a fix yet. We've added additional logging in a recent version and are now waiting for data to arrive for this issue. Once we have that, I do hope that we can address this right away. 
I can promise you that we would love to get this fixed as much as you. According to the data we have, 99.3% of local recordings are just fine but we'd love to get the 0.7% of affected customers happy as well! 

Is using Cloud Recording an option for you in the meantime? You might be able to configure that in your settings at app.goto.com (Meeting Settings -> Content).

GoToMathias
GoTo Contributor

Hi,

we just released a new version of the GoTo App yesterday. Besides other things, it should stabilize the local recording. Hence, you should see less of these "missing audio" issues now and generally error handling, esp. in high load scenarios, improved quite a bit.
Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.