cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Useful and essential Gotomeeting features missing in GoTo APP.

Hi @GeoCollege welcome to the GoTo Community and thanks for your feedback here. Can you explain how the recording was lost? I'd like to see if there is someway we can recover this for you. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
GeoCollege
Active Contributor

Hi Kate,

When we started the recording I clicked on the record button, then paused it for a moment as the presenter was still organizing herself.  When I clicked it again it noted that it was recording, as well, others joining the meeting noted that a recording was in progress.

The only file downloaded after the session was 9 seconds long and nothing was recorded after the "recording" was unpaused.  

Also, another one of our volunteers passed on the "recordings" from the recent weeks (weekly meetings) and one is a webm file 29Mb (processes out as 30 seconds long with no audio), another webm file is 339Mb  and a final one is 720Mb.  The last two seem to be have recorded properly, but I have been unable to have them converted to a viewable form.  I have used Handbrake in the past converting other videos, and I use VLC often.  I am able to watch the presentation (no audio) of #3, but nothing AT ALL for #2.

I can easily provide a Dropbox link with these files. 

Brian

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@GeoCollege thanks for getting back to me. Could you PM me (click on my name and you will see an option to message on the right) the Webinar ID so we can take a look at what may have happened?  

npetchkofski

Re: File type for downloading recordings

Has an update been released yet to address the conversion from webm to a known format (e.g. mp4)?

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@npetchkofski I don't have an update at this time, but we will be sure to update this thread when we do. 

ChrisHartman
Active Contributor

Infas_ST

Any news? It is super inconvenient having to use a third party software to being able to edit recordings from meetings in premiere pro. The solution pinned to this forum does work to a degree, but using VLC the converted video is out of sync with the audio. Is there a timeline as to when an update is expected? At the moment, a less cumbersome meeting software looks like a more promising solution to reduce the workload and costs of our editing team.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @Infas_ST welcome to the GoTo Community.  It's still on the roadmap. Sorry I don't have a release date yet, but we will keep the Community updated. 

John-RFIDGS
Visitor

Re: WEBM files for GTM recordings

Hello, 

It's truly frustrating to see an external tool needs to be used to convert the recording. Do you have a timeline of when the Recording conversion feature will be available? 

Also, is it possible to download the Meeting recording in MP4 format if we enable the option to store the meeting recoding online?

-John 

GeoCollege
Active Contributor

Further to my own thread, I figure I will post this here. 

The "New" version of GoToMeeting has the new recording format.  The old version has the built-in converter that can prompt the user immediately after a session is completed to convert to MP4.   Current solution was to downgrade to the previous version rather than continue using the up to date version. 

It isn't very reassuring when the Upgrades are a Downgrade, especially for a paid service. 

WGC