cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GoTo_FAQs
New Contributor

What is the GoTo App?

What is the new GoTo App, what features does it have? 

How can I try it while it is in Early Access and how can I switch back to the Classic GoToMeeting if I want to? 

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: What is the GoTo App?

The GoTo App is a new application that we are developing to a single solution for all of your communication needs including messaging, meetings, voice, trainings, webinars, and larger events. We are regularly releasing updates and adding new features, you can review the current list of features here in the GoTo App User Guide

Currently, it is available to customers as Early Access (Beta), while we continue to work on it so that you can provide us with feedback and help guide its progress.

You can opt in to try it for yourself by:

• Signing in to your GoToMeeting account https://global.gotomeeting.com
  • Click on Settings in the menu on the left
  • Click on GoTo App
  • Check the box next to Use the new GoTo
  • Click the blue box Get the GoTo app

The next meeting you host will use the new GoTo app for you and your attendees, so you may want to host a test meeting first.

To Opt Out and switch back to the GoToMeeting Classic experience:

• Sign in to your GoToMeeting account https://global.gotomeeting.com
  • Click on Settings in the menu on the left
  • Click on GoTo App
  • Uncheck the box next to Use the new GoTo

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
chet1
Active Contributor

"The GoTo App is a new application that we are developing to a single solution for all of your communication needs including messaging, meetings, voice, trainings, webinars, and larger events."

That sounds like a nightmare, because the ONLY thing we're interested in from GoToMeeting is meetings. We already have solutions for chat and for voice calls that we see no reason to change, so I guess now all that extra crap in the GTM app is just going to be a "tax" when we use a meeting. 

The new app seems oversimplistic inside the meeting, and preliminary testing suggests that GTM -- which we've been using for over a decade -- may no longer be a good fit for our uses and our priorities. That's both alarming and disappointing.

chet1
Active Contributor

That is a completely useless word salad. 

In fact, I'm pretty sure it's spam.