cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Enable IP Phone wallpaper/background changes through PBX

Enable IP Phone wallpaper/background changes through PBX

The university I work for takes pride in our branding. We were previously able to edit the wallpaper/background image on our phones with full color screens to display our logo through the PBX. We recently had a request to update the image, but upon looking through our Jive/Goto admin panels the option is no longer available. I spoke with customer service yesterday and they requested that I host the image on a public site and provide them with a link to the image. I obliged, but our screens still do not reflect the changes. Are there any plans to bring back this capability in the admin panel of the PBX, or will we have to find a way to script the changes to individually target each compatible device?

9 Comments
M_Adams
Active Contributor

It would be wonderful if Partners can set the favorite defaults on a phone model so when that device provisions to the Hosted PBX account it will automatically set the phone to have a certain desktop background, Key button length, Screen background light time, screensaver wait time ect. 

This would save so much time and headache. If I do it myself I need to log into each phone. After doing that for 3 years on about 2,500 desk phones I'm sick and tired of it. When I call GoTo to make the change on the account level its painful and take way to long to accomplish it. 

ALSO, when can we have button programming templates that we can apply to phones or when a phone is connected to the PBX it will pull a default button programming list. Also sick and tired of programming each button on each phone.

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Delivered

@twines thanks for visiting the GoTo Community and apologies for the delay in response. I see our support team was able to resolve the issue.  

twines
Active Contributor

Hi Kate:

In a way, yes, but it would be much easier if the wallpaper functionality was brought back into the admin panel instead of having to go through the trouble of: contacting support, uploading the image to a publicly hosted imaging service, providing a link to support personnel, waiting for the changes to take effect which can take hours and in some cases days depending on when the phones get resynced via their schedule, then going through the whole process again if something needs to be changed. I appreciate the time and effort that the support team put in to resolve our issue, but it was much simpler when it was part of the admin panel.  

M_Adams
Active Contributor
KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Accepted

@M_Adams, @twines - I checked with the team and this feature is on the roadmap. I don't have an ETA yet, but will update this thread when I know more. Thanks for sharing your experience! 

@M_Adams - I brought your idea over here to combine your voices, thanks for calling this out. 

twines
Active Contributor

Thank you Kate for the update. It's good to know that this is in the works. This will surely relieve at least some of the burden on your support staff as well as your clients. 😁

jbhansen

Would be really nice to also have the ability to update the wallpaper for sidecars / key extension modules!

FranzKaiser

I really want this too. It would be awesome to have this feature. Then you could also use links pointing to whatever live info you want to show with a certain update frequency on your screens!

Please please do!