Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Fax Attempt Automatic Retry

0 Kudos

Fax Attempt Automatic Retry

It would be great to have a feature where you can specify how many automatic fax attempts if the fax fails to send do to getting a busy signal. We have a law firm who was trying to a send a fax to request medical records and the fax would fail to send. I am guessing its becasue the fax number they were trying was already receiving a fax. They tired 3 times and failed each time. I tested sending a fax to our fax number to see if it wasnt working but the test fax to our office came through no problem.

There is a company ClearFly that has this automatic retry of faxes to the number of retired you specify.

Another idea with faxing that is available with ClearFly faxing is it would be great if we could set up to 10 senders and 10 receivers. This would add an extra layer of security becasue if your email isn't on the list, you cant send and/or receive. It would also prevent companies from having to create a distribution email to send to more than 1 email or creating a new email just for fax that multiple people have access too. This would simplify things.

2 Comments
GlennD
GoTo Manager
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

Hi @M_Adams, I believe we already automatically try to resend Faxes up to 5 times. It is possible that the ATA (analog adapter) being used  is not one that we currently support?

M_Adams
Active Contributor

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for the reply. This was all over virtual fax, no ATA involved. She would try to send and a minute later she would get the failed email.