cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Swapping Out a device's hardware

Swapping Out a device's hardware

On the legacy PBX, you could easily swap out or remove a device's assigned hardware by going to the Device profile, clicking the Hardware tab, and accessing a drop down menu. This is useful for when a customer wants to change the model of phone, change to softphone only, or if the phone is having issues and it is more convenient to swap the phone out for the same model and troubleshoot it or request an RMA later. This is useful because then I do not have to go in and redo the Button Configuration on the new hardware, saving time for me and more importantly the end user. I do not see a way to do this on the new system at all. I can change the model if when programming I accidentally put the wrong model in, but I cannot remove or change the MAC address. There is also no indication that my Button Configuration will be saved and applied as best as possible to the new hardware like the legacy PBX does. This feature is convenient and should be carried over from the legacy PBX if it hasn't already. 

2 Comments
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Blake_Eckert, thank you for the feedback. This has been shared with the team.

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator