Allow opting out of the gray screen when temporarily clicking away from remote session

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Allow opting out of the gray screen when temporarily clicking away from remote session

It drives me absolutely crazy that when I click away from the remote screen (or even don't click anywhere for a few seconds) in a GoToResolve session that my view of the remote screen grays out and I have to click into it to view it correctly again.  It's especially frustrating when I do a demo, because the people attending the demo have to see the constant switching between a normal view and a grayed out view.  Please fix this! GoToAssist did not do this, and it was so much better.  

Portion of wallpaper of remote PC in remote sessionPortion of wallpaper of remote PC in remote session

Portion of wallpaper of remote PC in remote session when I click away or don't click for a few secondsPortion of wallpaper of remote PC in remote session when I click away or don't click for a few seconds

3 Comments
GaryWiney
Active Contributor

I agree, makes screenshots very difficult because everything immediately grays, even if you try doing a PrintScreetn.

GoTo_Robi
GoTo Contributor
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi,

This is a valid request and many customers have found it frustrating, so we have removed the gray layout.

Br,

Robi

AlanPatrick

The gray screen that appears when you click away from a remote session is a security feature designed to prevent unauthorized access to your session. However, if you find it inconvenient, some remote desktop software allows you to adjust the settings to disable the gray screen.