cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AhmedEzzat
Active Contributor

Not able to power on offline devices

Hello,

I haven't been able to power on devices if they are offline. Also if try to reboot devices, they don't come back online unless I have the user login. 

OS used is Windows 10/11 for both agent & user.

Screenshot below. No power-on option.

AhmedEzzat_0-1675805576404.png

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Not able to power on offline devices

Hi @AhmedEzzat, welcome to the community.

It sounds like either the service is not running or the computers do not have network access until the user has signed in. Are all of these computers in the same location, part of the same network?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
AhmedEzzat
Active Contributor

Hi @GlennD , 

Thank you!

Will try to address each point separately here:

- Not sure what service you're referring to? 

- All computer are connected to network via ethernet connection so they should be connected to the network as soon as they are turned on. 

- Computers are not all connected to the same network. They are in different offices

Thanks for taking the time to replay!

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Thank you. By Service, I mean the GoTo Resolve Unattended Service that would be running in Windows that lets you connect. It will be listed as G2ARemoteSupport_xxxxxxxxxxxx. One possibility is the service has a delayed start, so it might not start right away after a reboot.

One way to test is to reboot a PC you have experienced this issue with already and then wait a minute or two before having the user sign in. If it still remains offline until the sign-in, even after waiting a couple of extra minutes we will need to look into the logs from that PC for clues. 

If you would rather work on this with one of our telephone support agents please use the Contact Support option on our support page. I would recommend having someone at at least one of the affected computers though so that you can test with the support agent and they can gather logs if necessary.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training