Customize email invitation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 Kudos

Is there a way to customize the email invitation sent when clicking the 'Email This Info' button?  I would like to be able to change the subject & body of the email.  I really don't like the GoToAssist branding on the bottom of the emails, it's quite unprofessional and spammy.

8 Comments
Bcshay
Active Contributor
There are no options for that unfortunately Service Desk is not that customizable. How about a feature request.
troglotech
Active Contributor

Josh, I strongly agree, Should be able to customize subject, message body and signature wit support keys as @variables. 

Custom invitations have  been requested many times over the years and ignored by COL. A less than satisfactory work around is to replace selected text with one or prefab Email signatures if its worth the extra effort to you.

Brenden, as Josh suggests, custom invitations it should be a general function of remote support invitations, not limited to service desk in any way.

Bcshay
Active Contributor
Thought you were referring to SD invitations. One quick option is if you're using outlook is to create a custom signature, remove the auto-generated part GoToAssist(R) Remote Support Made Easy(R), and insert your signature which would include branding etc.
Josh Downing
That's what I do today (though using Google Apps webmail, not Outlook). It seems odd a product used by professional organizations would not be customizable on one of the most frequently used customer-facing items.
Bcshay
Active Contributor
Agreed... It just doesn't have that level of customization that ServiceNow.com has. Than again most of us are here because we can't afford ServiceNow.
GlennD
GoTo Manager
Hi,

I've changed this to an <b>Idea</b>. What you could do in the meantime is create a custom signature containing your desired messaging in your email client, and select <b>Copy Support URL</b> in GoToAssist Remote Support. Open a new Email, select the signature and then paste in the support URL.
Josh Downing
That's exactly what I do today Glenn. It's just a few more clicks every time I use it, would be nice to reduce that.
troglotech
Active Contributor
What a pain in the a**.