cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisg750
Active Contributor

CTRL ALT DEL not working, and other v5 issues.

Hello,

Anyone else having issues? v5 (Version 5.7.1.74)  is very frustrating in comparison to v4. I told myself I'd eventually remove v4 entirely, but I still feel the need for it because v5 can be extremely frustrating when it doesn't work, practically inoperable for remote support. If it wasn't for having nice Mobile compatibility with Android devices, I'd probably be looking else where, but here we are. I've been using GoToAssist since 2015 and I would hate to get away from it so I help this post can shed some light! 

Top frustrations that I hope can be implemented/fixed:

1. Ongoing recent issue: Console gets stuck on "Connecting..." . When I connect with v4, it works right away. It's like if v5 cannot fully wake up a user's PC that's in sleep mode. This issue has been going on only recently for a week or so. No definite date. Happens for all PC's until I connect using v4.

2. CTRL ALT DEL on v5 has been ongoing issue for me for the last week or so (March 2022 for reference). Just does not work at all. 

3. Moving from one monitor when multiple monitors are present during a session (much better with simple arrows on v4). Much smoother on v4. 

4. Having ALL  options available at the top toolbar by default during a session would be nice. It's another nuisance to have to expand that toolbar every time when I have to copy/paste clipboard.

5. Is there a button somewhere to enable copy to clipboard being ON by default? In my own experience, that's a very common feature that should be on by default because of how frequently its used. 

6. Inability to horizontally expand columns of list of hostnames/version/online status, etc. on the v5 desktop Console (Very simple on v4)

7. Chat window opening in a browser where I have to re-size every single time is a nuisance. Much preferable to have a separate window pop up like it does in v4.  

8 REPLIES 8
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: CTRL ALT DEL not working, and other v5 issues.

Hi @chrisg750

Can you provide more details about your issues using Ctrl+Alt+Delete? What operating systems are you connecting to, what happens or doesn't happen when you click the Ctrl+Alt+Delete button in the toolbar? 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
chrisg750
Active Contributor

Hello @Glen,

Thanks for the reply! 

Connecting to Windows 10 Pro clients via unattended support sessions. When I press the CTRL ALT DEL on the toolbar, nothing happens. It's like if I'm not pressing any button at all. There's no error message or no confirmation of anything. I can move the mouse, but that's about it.

After going through a quick search it seems as though there are other users who also have this issue. The only solution for me thus far, is to open a session with v4 to press CTRL ALT DEL, and then I can carry on with v5. It's an even bigger issue for us specifically because I stopped adding v4 to our new clients months ago.  Going to have to start adding v4 to every client from now just in case. 

DOCSOL

I cannot even find a CTRL-ALT-DEL on an unattended access connection.  WHERE IS IT?  GotoAssist 4 was fine until it randomly stopped creating sessions.  It eventually creates one and works normally, but this is very frustrating!

chrisg750
Active Contributor

If you hover over the the top toolbar you will see it. It doesn't work 3/4 of the time for me lately, but the button is there. 

gotoassist.JPG

chrisg750
Active Contributor

If you hover over the the top toolbar you will see it. It doesn't work 3/4 of the time for me lately, but the button is there. gotoassist.JPG

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @chrisg750

Digging into this issue further, we have a primary and secondary method of passing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete to the client computer. If the Primary method fails the Secondary method is used. Please check for the following on the Unattended computers.

The first place to look is going to be this file GoToAssistUnattended.srv.log, you will find it in C:\Program Files (x86)\GoToAssist Remote Support Unattended\xxxxxxxxxxx\appdata

Primary method:

Search for CtrlAltDel message received, in case of error you will see:
"Primary CtrlAltDel injection failed with error code:"  There should also be an error recorded in GoToAssistTools64/32.log in the same folder.

Secondary method:

Check GoToAssistProcessChecker.srv.log for "Sending CtrlAltDel" 

If this log is not present the command was unsuccessful, in this case one of these errors should be seen in GoToAssistUnattended.srv.log:
"Unable to open service control manager"
"Unable to open service"
"Sending service control message 128 failed, with error code"

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
chrisg750
Active Contributor

Hi @GlennD thanks for the reply . Appreciate the response. And sorry for the late reply. Being service related would make sense. I will take some to look into this. I have a specific workstation that I MUST use v4 instead of v5 because of this exact issue. Never took the time to look into it as became too frustrating and time consuming. But I will definitely follow up soon. Thanks again.
chrisg750
Active Contributor

Hi Glenn, much appreciated again. 

So upon checking, my original CTRL ALT DEL on that same machine that I had discussed last year is actually a non-issue. That is working fine all of a sudden. Maybe the last update to the software?

The new problem I'm having is that the mouse will not click on this machine. Keyboard takes every action perfectly. But the mouse will not left/right click. As odd as it sounds, the CTRL ALT DEL works. Should I be looking in that same location you mentioned on your last post for errors on this?

Thanks again,