cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KingJason
Active Contributor

Can't Uninstall Unattended program from laptop

Hi

I have unattended access on a laptop and it has stopped working,  not been online for 140days according to the devices page.  How can I remove this from the device?  I have found an application called gotoassistunattendedremover but that does nothing.  The gotoassist icon is missing from quick launch.  I have tried restarting the service (which has worked in the past) but still nothing going on.

Any ideas how I can remove the software or get it communicating again?

Thanks

Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KingJason
Active Contributor

Re: Can't Uninstall Unattended program from laptop

Managed to sort this. Found this link for removing logmein and followed it with slightly altered wording for gotoassist. Hopefully it will help anybody stuck in the same situation.

https://support.logmeininc.com/pro/help/how-to-manually-uninstall-logmein
J

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi

How to uninstall GoToAssist RS v4 Unattended: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotoassist-remote-support/help/uninstall-the-gotoassist-customer-unat... 

With GoToAssist RS v5 Unattended computers you right-click the toolbar/system tray icon and select Uninstall from the menu. After reinstalling Unattended support the icon on a Mac should be in the toolbal and on a Windows PC it should be in the system tray.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
KingJason
Active Contributor

Unfortunately right click on the icon does not give me any options. I have used this method in the past but not working this time.

The question has been asked on here before but no resolution.

Anything else I can do? the uninstall option must point to a program somewhere? can I run that?

Cheers

Jason
KingJason
Active Contributor

Time to put in a support call I guess 🙂

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Sorry, it took me a while to track this down: /Library/ApplicationSupport/ and delete LogMeInRemoteSupportUnattended folder, and restart the computer.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
KingJason
Active Contributor

Is that for a mac?  I am on a laptop.  Maybe I do something similar and just delete the folder in program files

KingJason
Active Contributor

Managed to sort this. Found this link for removing logmein and followed it with slightly altered wording for gotoassist. Hopefully it will help anybody stuck in the same situation.

https://support.logmeininc.com/pro/help/how-to-manually-uninstall-logmein
J