cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisg750
Active Contributor

Re: Caps Lock problem on GtA v5

BUMP- I have this problem consistently. Trying to reset someone's password with this issue is the worst possible thing. I have to confirm in notepad whether caps lock/shift is working or not. Has there been any solution one year later?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

@chrisg750 I have not been able to recreate this issue so it is hard to identify a cause. In GTARS v5 when you press Shift once on your keyboard the word Shift is displayed in the upper right and it goes away as soon as you type the first letter or click anywhere on your desktop. If you press Shift twice close together it is displayed again but with a white background, and now it is functioning as a Caps Lock until you press Shift again.

I suspect it is either sensing a double press or the Shift button or it could be 'sticky keys' in Windows is being enabled (although Windows typically shows a message about that).

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
DougT
New Contributor

I also have this issue at the login screen.  Just started and was random but now is more prevalent.  It occurs from v5GTA app and Console.  Restart remote device and console device does not fix issue.

I have to bring up the virtual keyboard to log in. 

Once I log in, I can type upper case characters in notepad just fine.  

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @DougT I have not been able to recreate the issue reliably without keyboard mashing, a developer on another team mentioned he has seen happen was the use of Windows keyboard combos repeatedly in irregular intervals can trigger this.

When this happens tapping the Ctrl key on your keyboard a few times should switch off the Function mode. Can you try that and let us know if it helps? Thanks. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training