cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
malkam
Visitor

Device List doesn't have a refresh button

Trying out the new GoToAssist Agent Desktop Console. When I goto Devices, a computer is offline. If my client turn's on his computer, I still dont see it online. In V4, there is a refresh button. In V5, I don't see this option. The Browser interface saw the computer when it came online. Closing and restarting the Console didn't fix the issue. I had to reboot my computer before I could see the client computer online.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Device List doesn't have a refresh button

Hi,

We have added a Refresh button to the GoToAssist v5 device list, both on the web and in the desktop console. With v5 device status will continue to update automatically when they come online or go offline, but this new Refresh option will take care of the situations when this was not happening.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @malkam

Thank you for bringing this up, I will try to find out where the refresh feature is on the development roadmap for the desktop console. In a pinch, exiting the console and relaunching it should result in it reloading the device list.

derekm1
Active Contributor

@GlennD Is there an update on this? I have submitted feedback in v5 for this many times. v4 had the refresh device list button. It's annoying to have to keep closing and reopening Gotoassist v5 agent console to refresh a device's status.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @derekm1 

Sorry, this slipped off my radar. This was brought up to the team and they explained unlike v4 the device list in v5 automatically updates. They have been releasing updates to fix issues with the device list as well as improving unattended support in v5 so that the correct status is displayed.

derekm1
Active Contributor

Hi @GlennD 

I just tested this again with many different computers and this automatic updating of the devices tab is not working.  Devices that were offline when I opened v5 Agent console remain offline in agent console until I close and reopen agent console.  The devices tab has never auto updated since we started using v5 agent console.

derekm1
Active Contributor

This appears to be because all our machines have the v4 customer agent installed.  Is LogMeIn ever going to push out an update to automatically bring v4 customer agents up to v5 or is this up to the org to figure out how to upgrade on our own?

YoavKoplowich

Having the same issue with both ver 5 unattended and version 4.8 unattended, they do not seem to refresh unless I completely close the desktop agent and restart it. big bug

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

We have added a Refresh button to the GoToAssist v5 device list, both on the web and in the desktop console. With v5 device status will continue to update automatically when they come online or go offline, but this new Refresh option will take care of the situations when this was not happening.

derekm1
Active Contributor

This works great thank you for adding this as a solution until v4 is no longer in use.