cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HugoExceptOnFir
Active Contributor

G2A 5 Upgrade

Hi,

Can we upgrade our G2A v4 Unattended Access Agents to G2A v5? I've set them to regular updates but they have not upgraded past G2A v4.8.

Kind regards,

Hugo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: G2A 5 Upgrade

I'm afraid there isn't currently a process to upgrade the v4 to v5 unattended machines automatically.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@HugoExceptOnFir    Any unattended machine set up in GoToAssist v4 will be viewable and actionable in GoToAssist v5.  However, unattended machines set up in GoToAssist v5 are not viewable in GoToAssist v4.

HugoExceptOnFir
Active Contributor

Hi,

That's fine, I want to know if the Agents running v4  will upgrade to v5

Kind regards,

Hugo.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

I'm afraid there isn't currently a process to upgrade the v4 to v5 unattended machines automatically.

HugoExceptOnFir
Active Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for replying, do you now if it will be planned in future?

Just need to work out if I should deploy the new agent through Group Policy now or wait until they upgrade in the future

Kind regards,

Hugo.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

There are no plans for an automatic upgrade of v4 to v5, as the technology for the install varies quite a bit.  Let us know if you're missing some functionality in connecting to the v4 endpoints though.

JamesFire

Why is there no path, is V5 in Beta?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@JamesFire  V5 is fully supported and functional, yet we are still developing a few behaviors that match V4 a little better, based upon customer feedback. 

Jdh2
Active Contributor

In fairness, you have not addressed the question which has been asked.

Why is there not an upgrade path from v4 to v5?

v5 currently doesn't include all of the functionality of v4.

For instance, it doesnt have the option to "power on" an unattended device.

The v5 Agent Console doesnt have a "refresh" button, so if a device changes state from offline to online (or vice versa), then the Console must be closed and restarted for it to see the change.

And then there are other minor items which are quiet annoying. Eg, the console will always revert back to sorting devices by "status", each time I log in. My preference is sorting by device name, so that i can find what I want reliably every time I use the console, instead of looking through a list of list of who's online or offline. Apparently your team doesnt like alphabetical ordering, like the rest of the world.

But atleast we have "labels" in V5. As if anyone gives a fck about labels.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Jdh2 

v5 is a completely rewrite of GoToAssist Remote Support using an newer more up to date code base, this is why there is no direct upgrade path betweenv4 and v5. They are written on different platforms.

Feature parity for the two has been on going work based on the feedback that has been provided by customers using v5 and feature use. Some v4 features have little to no active use so they are lower on the development priority or may be skipped completely. Some of the things being focused on for v5; multi-agent support, improved multi-monitor support, faster control of the client, user consent for Unattended.

The desktop console does not have a refresh button as it should update automatically when a device changes state, but we are considering adding something like a refresh button as a few customers have asked for it.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training