cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris511
Visitor

Unattended Status is Online on Computer but Offline in Agent Console

I have at least three machines that are showing Status: Online when looking at the Unattended Support icon in the system tray/notification area but the Agent Console shows them as offline.  If I restart the the G2ARemoteSupport_####### service the Agent Console will show the status Offline for less than a minute so there is some communication going on there.  Sometimes when I reboot the computers in question they will come back online in the Agent Console but more often then not they will just show the same Offline for less than a minute status at first and then show Offline for x minutes or x hours as time progresses even though the computers are still on (I can VPN to the site and RDC into the computers so I know they are still on).

Machines are Windows 10 (fully patched)

Agent version is 5.11.0.2250

I have whitelisted/allow listed all the IPv4 addresses for v5 in the KB article.  I checked the firewall and nothing outbound is being blocked.  There are no alerts from any of the GTA v5 IPv4 blocks.

Is anyone else seeing this?  Any ideas how to correct it?

2 REPLIES 2
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Unattended Status is Online on Computer but Offline in Agent Console

Hi @Chris511 welcome to the GoTo Community

Are the three computers affected on the same network? 

In order to get a better understanding on what's happening, please review the logs which can be found here:  C:\Program Files (x86)\GoToAssist Remote Support Unattended\ random number\appdata

Please note the time you restart the service like you described, wait for it to show online and then offline again, and then review the log files for the noted time. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Unattended Status is Online on Computer but Offline in Agent Console

Hi @Chris511,

We started updating Unattended computers to the new v5.12.0.3440 release in the last week of December 2023, can you please check if your affected computers have received that update and if you are still seeing this issue? 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training