cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Unattended access clients off line

@RJM  We may need you to contact Customer Support when you have access to one of the offline machines. 

https://support.logmeininc.com/gotoassist-remote-support/help/how-do-i-contact-customer-support-g2ar...

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
LR3hydro

Has anyone been supplied a solution yet?  We have had this problem for months.  Problems started after we left v4 because I was told it would soon no longer be supported with Rescue Assist on the horizon, then Rescue Assist v1.xxx client version (web-only console) rolled out, then that morphed into version 5, and around then it was downhill from there.  I have worked with support three times, sharing my screen from a client with the issue, sending diagnostics, and it has never been solved.  I gave up working with support, it's been time intensive and zero productive.  We reinstall the client and it works a short time then goes offline again.  We have just been sending the support key to the client via Teams Chat and and have the client join the session instead of using Unattended.  Not preferred but it works.  Until we move to a new platform I am considering rolling all clients back to v4, but with 500+ client computers I'm not thrilled with that decision.  Before doing this thought I'd reach out.   Thanks for sharing any knowledge you have.

bbazian219
Active Contributor

We have had similar issues on and off.  After they rolled out a new 5.0.0.505 it seemed to be a bit better.  I had to manually uninstall and reinstall several hundred computers.  Looks like they are now rolling out 5.1.2.675 and we will monitor to see how it goes.  I have some of the older legacy 4.x agents installed on some computers and can access them from the new V5 console and have never had any issues with them.

bbazian219
Active Contributor

We are still having this issue with clients falling off and showing as off line.  This happens intermittently.  May be time to look for a new solution.  This has become too unstable for us.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Thank you for your patience with the Offline Unattended issue. 

A fix has been released via Applet version 5.2.1.883 to address this issue.  Please be advised that the affected Unattended machines will need to be rebooted to receive the update.  Once complete, they should appear online within the Device Inventory.

** During testing there were two issues we identified in some cases that may affect performance:

1. Multiple Customer App icons in the System Tray after updating to 5.2.1.883
  2. Unstable Unattended Sessions when working with version 5.2.1.883

After completing the upgrade, if you notice any odd behavior please  let us know the following:

• After restarting, did your Offline Unattended Devices update successfully to 5.2.1.883 and automatically come back online?
  • Are there any issues with the Unattended Device now that it is Online?
    Please describe any abnormal behavior specifically, such as 'multiple system tray icons' or 'unstable connection', etc.

Mark_Jenkins
Active Contributor

Agent 5.2.1.883 is giving me more headaches.  After several reboots, the agent is showing up as updated to this version.  Then on some machines we have seen up to four GTA icons in the taskbar which disappear when moving the mouse over them and on the same machines and others we have seen no icons and we now have more machines than before not showing up on the device screen.

How can I stop this upgrade and how do I go back to the previous version 5.1.2.675 as this worked better for us?

In future please allow us to select machines to upgrade so that we can carry out testing firat as this release has caused more problems than it sloved.

Mark_Jenkins
Active Contributor

We are finding that machines are not showing up on the device list and rebooting means it is just random as to if the machines will.  The new client seems very random on if it will start.  As GTA support have been unable to answer this and other issues relating to reports in V5 and recording sessions we are looking to seek a full refund and move to another product.  We like V5 but do not think it is ready for commercial use.  Which I am sorry to say.

bbazian219
Active Contributor

I will look today to see what we are seeing with the new client.  Not sure it is any better.

Mark_Jenkins
Active Contributor

Thank you, did you get any results as we are seeing more clients offline since upgrade and support have been no good.  Also have found that the service is loading 100% of the time but not showing on taskbar or in device list. Took a clean Windows 10 machine and rebooted it every half an hour over an eight-hour period and it only showed icon on taskbar and showed online three times out of 16 reboots. We are looking for a full refund as service has not done what we were told and have clients who get into issues and we are unable to connect.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Thanks for your patience everyone, we continue to confirm the behavior should be working as expected.  Sorry it is taking so long. 

For the time being, please continue to use GoToAssist V4 as a backup / alternative until V5 is fully resolved.