cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cblack

Unattended access stored passwords V5

I am testing V5 today for the first time and logged into an unattended computer. We store the passwords and can log in with a prompt in V4.  Am I missing this feature in V5 or is this not available yet?

Cooper 

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Unattended access stored passwords V5

Hi Cooper,

Stored credentials are currently compatible with Windows OS and can be updated through the Unattended endpoint when running in the task bar.  Here's a full description you may reference: https://help.gotoassist.com/remote-support/help/storing-unattended-credentials-windows-only 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Kaz111
Active Contributor

Hi Ash, I am still on V4 Desktop.  Somewhat related to the OP's original question.

Questions:

1. If I upgrade to V5, will this auto push my unattended clients from V4 to V5 without any assistance on my part?
  2. Do both V4 and V5 exist on my client computers or just V5 alone?
  3. After the upgrade from V4 to V5, what occurs with all my currently stored V4 credentials, do they forward on to my clients upgraded to V5?

If there is a current Q&A available to answer these and many more questions I have, I would appreciate a link to it.

Many thanks.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Kaz111  There is currently no way to automatically move from V4 to V5, they would both exist side by side on your computer. 

Please see this article explaining some of the changes in more detail:  https://help.gotoassist.com/remote-support/help/gotoassist-version-faqs 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!