cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_Jenkins
Active Contributor

stuck on creating support session

I seem to have a lot of issues when connecting to Windows 11 clients that just stick on creating session, anyone got any ideas or had a similar issue.

3 REPLIES 3
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: stuck on creating support session

@Mark_Jenkins There haven't been any service issues so it seems that something is interfering with the connection to our servers. It may be security software-related.

Besides running Windows 11 (which shouldn't cause any issues) are all of the computers on the same network? Do they all run the same software (work computers) or are they unrelated?

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
Mark_Jenkins
Active Contributor

The computers are on different client networks.  Windows 10 machines OK no issues.  Looking at Windows 11 machines the services are all running and the only give away is that the "GTA" icon is missing from the taskbar.  We have Group Policies to ensure that the icon is always displayed.  I recall something like this before.  One test we have run is to completely remove GTA from the windows 11 machines.  Some have had GTA added back by using "unattended installer file" and some by doing starting a remote session using "Instant remote support" then requesting unattended access.  Done this on a couple of different client networks with the same security settings and so far, the only machines to drop off are the ones installed from the installer file.  Just done a check and can confirm that we have lost contact with all using the file but all others still responding and showing up in console.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @Mark_Jenkins  I went ahead and created a support case for you. Your best bet would be to work with one of our support reps and reinstall together on on of these affected PCs. Someone from support will be reaching out to you soon. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training