cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chuck Baker
New Contributor

Re: Blank screen windows 10

I'm not a fan of this feature (or blocking user input, either) because nefarious types also use GoToAssist (and anything else they can) to screw up peoples computers.  While I can see the desire in the corporate community, I think the dangers outweigh the advantages.  You should find a more secure way of entering your confidential information.  To turn what has been said, in this day and age with security concerns, I am surprised that anyone would advocate locking out the end user/PC owner while someone remotes in.  The owner should always have override capability.
Greg21
New Contributor

Chuck Baker,

Your post is more a matter of opinion. If you don't have a problem or an issue with the software then please don't bother posting like a troll in the support forums. My post as well as the others that have posted here have valid use cases where this is a requirement. The feature was available in all previous versions and then was suddenly not available in Windows 10. Your idea that it is insecure is a mute point.
Greg21
New Contributor

Chuck Baker, 

Your post is more a matter of opinion. If you don't have a problem or an issue with the software then please don't bother posting like a troll in the support forums. My post as well as the others that have posted here have valid use cases where this is a requirement. The feature was available in all previous versions and then was suddenly not available in Windows 10. Your idea that it is insecure is a mute point.
Jim Osdale
New Contributor

This matter is a problem that comes with Windows 10, as GTA had this feature in previous Windows OS versions, such as Windows 7. Citrix (GoToAssist) has obviously decided not to solve it, because it has been more than a year since Windows 10 was released. 

There are many times where a product keycode must be entered, or sensitive information from the GTA expert must be entered into the GTA customer computer. We have date sensitive information in our software (such as an expiration date for non payment) that should not be seen by the end user, so the bottom line is that GTA seems lazy and does not want to solve it. 
Chuck Baker
New Contributor

Greg, I'm not a troll, but your need to label says a lot ... about you.  I have a differing opinion on the issue, and I don't see that my posting it is irrelevant. You seem to think your opinion is more than that, and you are welcome to the belief.  I contend that there are security issues with the feature you once enjoyed, I'm glad it is disabled in Windows 10, and I hope it stays that way.  I'm sorry if you are inconvenienced, but that does not make my point moot.
Greg21
New Contributor

Chuck Baker,

Still not getting why you are posting at this support thread. You are a confusing man... If you don't have this specific issue then go make a different thread for your opinions. This support thread is for people who require the feature, who had it in the past and still need it now. We are not the only ones with very large deployments of GTA.
David Jones11
Active Contributor

Thank you, Greg. This is a feature that is widely used far beyond "entering your confidential information". It is, in fact, integral to how we manage our client computers at our various business locations and we don't even use in confidential information in this way. If you're not a fan, don't use it. We all choose to or not to use the feature depending on our business model, rules, company policy, etc. In certain businesses, it is optional and in others it is a requirement. Whether you choose to use it or not has no bearing on its necessity.
Chuck Baker
New Contributor

Greg, I am sorry you are confused?  I am commenting because I have an issue with the feature being restored, so my concern is applicable to this discussion.  I've made it known so I'll be happy to stop following this thread now and just hope the feature stays gone.  
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hey there everyone, please try to keep your comments towards each other civil. We should all be able to express differences of opinion without resorting to name calling.

This community is a place for discussing the GoToAssist products and each of you have raised valid security concerns around this feature, it is not a black and white issue.

We are working on additional methods to deter the misuse of our products by these scammers but, at the same time we need to make sure we do not impede customers like you or your clients. This particular feature was introduced by a previous product team, it used a capability in Windows 7 but was never implemented further. Once this transition period is completed my personal recommendation to the team will be to revisit this feature and while improving it, also limit it's availability to paid accounts that have been in good standing for a period of time.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
David Jones11
Active Contributor

Because this feature is no longer available for Windows 10 users, we are researching alternative products. Consistency in product design is a key factor in stabilizing a product line. It's something I learned long ago as a product designer. Now, as a Director, our organization must maintain consistency in our business model and the rules that apply to our daily business goals. GoToAssist no longer helps us meet those goals.