cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kstewardson
Active Contributor

CLicking a remote assist link starts download then errors out with code 12029

We have remote support for an application and they use GoToAssist.

On this one computer suddenly when it goes to start downloading gotoassist app after clicking the connection link in email, it pops up an error right away.  And if i run a version of the gotoassist.exe file in the downloads folder, it never connects the connecting box just stays there for a few mins and the app closes.

I opened the log and this is what it says:

2021-05-12 09:43:58.586 -0700 e: [g2o] <4374> [handleUrl] completed: 14029 (ECOsInetError::eCANNOT_CONNECT), The API HttpSendRequestEx failed with code 12029.

A connection with the server could not be established

Error occurred at , downloaderapp.cpp:917

Error occurred at , downloaderapp.cpp:1016

2021-05-12 09:43:58.588 -0700 i: [g2o] <4374> [completeInstall] started

2021-05-12 09:43:58.590 -0700 i: [g2o] <4374> [leaveSingleInstance] started

2021-05-12 09:43:58.592 -0700 i: [g2o] <4374> [startSendTelemetry] started

2021-05-12 09:43:58.594 -0700 i: [g2o] <4374> [notifyUserIfFatalError] started

2021-05-12 09:43:58.596 -0700 e: [g2o] <4374> flow error (not displayed):

(14029) "ECOsInetError::eCANNOT_CONNECT"

The API HttpSendRequestEx failed with code 12029.

Error occurred at , downloaderapp.cpp:917

Error occurred at , downloaderapp.cpp:1016

2021-05-12 09:43:58.598 -0700 e: [g2o] <4374> displaying error:

GoTo Opener encountered an error:

Error 12029 sending request to server launch.getgo.com

Please restart the download or contact Global Customer Support at <a href="http://link.logmeininc.com/get-help">http://link.logmeininc.com/get-h

elp</a>.

I have tried on my own company PC and it works fine, it's just this one PC so far that's having an issue.  We already tried rebooting it , didn't help.  Also tried Chrome, Edge and Firefox, all do the same thing.  And one thing said to go to control panel > internet Options > advance and reset, did that too and still this error remains.  And I have also gone into add/remove and uninstalled gotoassist / rebooted .

What else to try?

One difference between this problem PC and my own is that the other PC has the gotomeeting program loaded on it as well for remote access. My PC does not.  This isn't something new gotomypc has been on that PC for over a year without a problem but i thought i'd just mention it in case it possibly might be impacting the operation for some reason now of gotoassist.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kstewardson
Active Contributor

Re: CLicking a remote assist link starts download then errors out with code 12029

Well after trying a bunch of stuff, finally figured out the TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 were not checked as enabled in Internet Options. And i guess in the weeks since it worked fine and then today GoToAssist dropped support for TLS1.0?
Anyway, it's working now.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: CLicking a remote assist link starts download then errors out with code 12029

Hi @kstewardson 

That is a connection error, sometimes it can be the result of security software, other times it is something else. What version of Windows does the computer that is having trouble run, and do you know if it is up to date with its Windows updates? 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
kstewardson
Active Contributor

Well after trying a bunch of stuff, finally figured out the TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 were not checked as enabled in Internet Options. And i guess in the weeks since it worked fine and then today GoToAssist dropped support for TLS1.0?
Anyway, it's working now.