cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt Spiller
New Contributor

Can not click on anything after user enters admin account info

When working with customers, if I need to access something that needs admin access, it prompts them for their credentials.  after the screen comes back, I am unable to click on anything in the session until they close out of the app that was opened with admin access.
5 REPLIES 5
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Can not click on anything after user enters admin account info

Hi Matt,

Are you upgrading the Remote Support session to Run as a Service from the Tools menu? You will need to do that and then have your client enter their credentials before you can interact with those applications.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Matt Spiller
New Contributor

no i am not.  just awhile ago, i was connected in just fine.  I can click on anything but as soon as i pulled up a folder to share it out, it would not let me click on anything on his screen until he clicked out of it.
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Matt,
It sounds like there is either a User Account restriction (permissions) or GoToAssist may not be running at the service level.

If you do not have the ability to reboot the PC into safemode, then there is likely a restriction under the connected user.

Matt Spiller
New Contributor

That may be the cause.  Very annoying.  Had to switch to using GoToMyPC to get any work done.
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Matt,

GoToAssist Remote Support needs to be Running as a Service before you can have complete control of a Windows computer. You can set your Preferences to try and start all sessions automatically Running as a Service and your Client will be prompted for admin credentials when they join the session. The other option is use the option to Upgrade to Run as a Service in your Tools menu after the client joins the session.

http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/gotoassistremotesupport/help_files/G2ARS050009

When you install GoToMyPC you have to have admin rights as it needs to Run as a Service in order to function, that is why you have full control of the host PC when you use it.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!