cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CTSTN
Active Contributor

GoToAssist cannot start new support session and all unattended computers missing!

This Monday morning I get my first call and I open GoToAssist. I click on the View Unattended Computers and nothing shows up!Then I try to click on Start Session and it shows the Creating Support Session screen like it's going to work. After about 30 seconds I get an error that says "connection failed please check your internet and try again." I restart my computer and the same thing happens again. Obviously I have an internet connection since I am posting this message. 

I was able to login to the site https://up.gotoassist.com/ and when I look at the list of Unattended Computers it's empty. I have 3 Device Groups and as I toggle between them they are all empty. Once in a while the list will show up. However, as I am scrolling down the list they go away and I get a message that says, "There are no computers set up for unattended access". If I try to click on the Start Session link it pops up a message asking to allow the GoToOpener. I click always allow and it goes away! 

As of right now I cannot use either the GoToAssist desktop program or the web version

Tags (1)
18 REPLIES 18
CharlieF2
New Contributor

Re: GoToAssist cannot start new support session and all unattended computers missing!

My staff and I are also unable to create a new session.  We've tried rebooting our computers and we've tried from both Macs and Windows PCs.  This totally is unacceptable.  The GotoAssist "Service Status" says fully operation.  Clearly, the system is down.  GotoAssist is a mission-critical system for our support team.  We need this service back online asap.  

conexusexchange
New Contributor

Re: GoToAssist cannot start new support session and all unattended computers missing!

Same!

mistyy
New Contributor

We are experiencing the same and trying to get some assistance is almost impossible.
CTSTN
Active Contributor

I created a support ticket and when I called in the recording said something like,

"We are aware that some GoToAssist customers are experiencing issues starting new support sessions or connecting to unattended computers. Out engineers are aware of the situation and are working to resolve it. If you have an issue other than this please hold for the next support representative." 

I just hung up. No reason to waste my time time talking to someone who can't fix it.

Tagline
New Contributor

Having same issues.  Have tried from multiple computers and Internet services.

Interestingly, I found that  the  new v5 web version of GotoAssist was somewhat working.   I suspect the outage has to do with v5 development.   But it feels risky to use since in past versions you were unable to roll back.  Features seems to have changed, so moving to v5 may lose features.   [I need to research this more, but don't have time this morning...]

Kaz111
Active Contributor

Same here.  Still on version 4.

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

We are actively working on this issue, updates will be posted to the service status page https://status.logmeinremotesupport.com/ 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
gholbrook
Active Contributor

Still does not work after gotoassist says it is up. I can however see the unattended computers, but still cannot connect to any.

You guys might actually try to test your software releases before going live with them. Pretty poor decisions.

Good new is that all other companies like Teamviewer and remotePC are working  just fine,

CharlieF2
New Contributor

Same for us - We got the message that "issue is resolved" - however GoToAssist is still not working for us either.  Terrible support.  We're using Remote2PC in the meantime.  It has a nice monitoring feature that lets you know when the remote computer has gone offline.