cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul31
New Contributor

I am receiving a "Failed to create default device group" error when trying to create a new remote session.

I am receiving a "Failed to create default device group" error when trying to create a new remote session. My fellow associate is not receiving the same error. Is this a GTA permission issue?
8 REPLIES 8
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: I am receiving a "Failed to create default device group" error when trying to create a new remote session.

Hi Paul,

Please check that the user is assigned to a device group, Admin Settings > Manage Users.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Vladimirov
New Contributor

Re: I am receiving a "Failed to create default device group" error when trying to create a new remote session.

Hello,

I am having the same issues ... where would I find that option exactly please? Up to yesterday all was working fine never had that message now all of a sudden there it is ...

Also I never managed to download the unattanded client ...

thank you!
Regards,
Vlad
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Vlad,

Please review this support article about the admin center: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotoassist-remote-support/help/set-up-device-groups-in-the-admin-cent...

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Laurence1
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled failed to create default device group error.

When trying to start a session with a client I received this error "failed to create default device group".
Michelle1111
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I'm trying to start a support session from my dashboard, but I keep getting a "Fa....

I have held several fast support sessions from my new hardware without issues. Now I have a new account under the same corporation. In Chrome I am only taken to citrix for account management when I login and in Edge I am not able to launch a support session. I keep getting "Failed to create default Device Group" error. What gives?!
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hey Michelle,
After you confirm your login is part of a Device Group for your Remote Support account, let us know if the problem recurs.

nbologna
New Contributor

Re: I am receiving a "Failed to create default device group" error when trying to create a

Where is one to access the device group  settings/ windows or in your site? Also as to users being added/ still unable to get past Failed to create default device group.

Ty

Nick

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: I am receiving a "Failed to create default device group" error when trying to create a

@nbologna  Hi Nick,

Here's everything you should need to know (with additional links on the support article):  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotoassist-remote-support/help/set-up-device-groups-in-the-admin-cent...

Step one is to create device groups, and then make certain you are assigning all users to at least one.