Password not accepted on iPhone app

Password no longer works on iPhone app
10 REPLIES 10
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Password not accepted on iPhone app

Hi Bob,
I'm terribly sorry about that!
The iOS app we just released recently started throwing error messages today.  If you still have the old app, from a few weeks back, this should work correctly. 

We will update this thread as more information becomes available.

robbjeff
New Contributor

It is 3-1/2 years after this topic was posted, and I also am having the same issue. When I enter my email and password (that works on the web portal!), I get an error message:

"Unable to perform request. Missing required password."

I'm running an iphone SE (yeah I know it's old but it works) with current iOS updates (this hasn't worked for months, through many updates).

I really need to have access to the app to provide support to clients, so solutions are most welcome!

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@robbjeff   The previous issue was fully resolved in subsequent app versions.  Exactly which iOS version are you working with?

robbjeff
New Contributor

Per my initial message I am running the most current iOS (14.3), and I have had this issue consistently through a number of iOS versions.

I have also JUST checked the App Store and no update is indicated for the app itself.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@robbjeff  [UPDATE]  After checking your Community login email, it looks like it may not have the Remote Support license assigned to it specifically (though it does have access to Service Desk).  In order to create a support session you would either need to use the assigned email / login, or re-assign the license over to you.

I can report that we tested with that device and OS without any issues.  What happens if you update your password on the GoToAssist website, then attempt the login again?   I want to make sure you can log in at https://start.gotoassist.com ...

robbjeff
New Contributor

Thanks Ash-

I apologize for the delay in response.

I understand there are different levels of licensing. I am not clear about what a Remote Support license is or how it is different than the Service Desk license. The app I'm trying to use is the GoToAssist Service Desk app, so it seems like it should work since I do have access to the web based Service Desk.

I did do a pw reset, and it did not seem to help any, unfortunately.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@robbjeff  Service Desk is more about ticketing technical issues for management purposes, where GoToAssist can remotely access both monitored (unattended) and new clients.  You would want to ensure that the GoToAssist license is applied to your login through the Admin Center:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotoassist-service-desk/help/update-users-seats-and-groups-g2asd50000...

robbjeff
New Contributor

Thank you @AshC . All I need is Service Desk access, not Remote access. As I have Service Desk access on the web portal, why do I not with the Service Desk app? I'm sure you've explained it already, yet I'm slow to see something that helps me go to our Account Admin and ask him to change this or that setting in the Admin Center.

All I need from the Service Desk app is to look at, and interact with, tickets. I have other tools for doing the support work. I typically look at a series of Incident Reports I've created and use those to interact with end users on their support issues.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@robbjeff   Do you recall if your ServiceDesk iOS app looked like this example?  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotoassist-service-desk/help/gotoassist-service-desk-app-for-ios-g2as...