cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Portal email notification

Where do I set the option of which email address receives notification of new incidents?

Currently it is going to my email address, but I would like it to go to my assistant's as well.  However, I cannot find this setting.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Portal email notification

Actually I misspoke.  I setup an email address to receive these, so they can be forwarded to each of us, but I don't see where to direct them to this mailbox.  They continue to come to me.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Hi there, 

I'm not exactly clear on what you are intending but if you are trying to get the system to alert you and your assistant that a new ticket has arrived or has been updated, then I am pretty sure this is what we did originally to alert all techs.

you should now have all your users set up - you and your assistant would each have a seperate user account. 

under configure, service desk settings, groups.  

we created a "service desk" group with a generic email address - you will need to make sure it's a true email address.

Within the group -  add the users that need to be alerted about the ticket.

within that group there is an option  "Send email to individual's addresses (instead of the group email address)"

put a checkmark on that and then each person in the group should receive an email.

In the default settings of each service, you need to assign that group to the default assignee and default assignee (customer created ....)

I believe that should work

Now if you just have one GTA user account shared by both of you (for example, username is TECHS), then the email address you have for that user will need to be a generic email address.  There is an assumption here that you are not using gmail or hotmail accounts.  We use MS Exchange so we created a distribution group on the exchange server called it_help@domain.com.  You would include both you and your assistant as members of that group. 

In GTA your TECHS user account would have this it_help@domain.com email address.

You would then set up each service - default selections and assign TECHS as your 'default assignee" and "default assignee (customer created.....)"  

That should get you heading the right direction.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I misread your remarks in the other thread.  I'll try this. 

Thanks.