cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasvKAB
New Contributor

Standard solutions?

Is there a sticky out there with standard solutions for standard issues?

We use it in our company, (4.6.0.1624 expert, 4.4.0.1599 customer) but far to often, when we choose upgrade, so we can do administrative tasks on the users pc, it fails, and we have yet to find a way to make it works once its failed once.

our only option is to restart the PC completely (mood point getting all users in taskmanager and stopping the process etc)

So some standard solutions for this issue would be appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Standard solutions?

Hi @jasvKAB,

We discovered an issue recently that was causing some Unattended computers to fail when they tried to update to the latest build 1626. This issue was corrected as of July 10th and upgrades should now be successful. 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
jasvKAB
New Contributor

We dont use unattended, we mail them or ask them to use the website.

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Okay, so in that case, I would recommend you do the following:

• Walk the customer through uninstalling any GoToAssist Remote Support software from their computer.
  • In your GoToAssist software Preferences select the option to "Uninstall GoToAssist when the session ends"

The attended software can be left on a customers computer so that they join the next session without having to install, but it does not automatically update itself so if there is a long time between sessions there may be an issue.

jasvKAB
New Contributor

Still havent seen any useful replies, and right now i again had it, i upgrade with our admin account, it runs the file and reconnects, and bam i get the "unable to view remote computers screen" when i try to run something that requires admin rights, even through i just upgraded, and it did without any error messages, what gives?
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Sorry about that @jasvKAB I misunderstood your issue as being one with upgrading the software versions on your clients, not upgrading your session to Run as a Service. 

Do your clients have admin rights on their PCs? If so, you can set your GoToAssist Preferences to always Run support sessions as a service on startup. If you do this you will not need to upgrade the session from the Tools menu. 

jasvKAB
New Contributor

The clients do not have admin rights, hence why i need to run the upgrade service when we need to install something.

I very much doubt our sysadmin would allow the service to run with admin rights, they would consider it a security risk, ie, why we need to run the program, then run the upgrade service option.

and that brings me back to the question of what can i do when the service fails to go into admin mode, since it runs the upgrade just fine, but when i click to do something that requires admin rights afterward, i get the popup that indicate i dont have admin rights through the gotoassist program.

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

There is not a lot that can be done if you do not see the option to try and upgrade to Run as a Service again, except start a new session and try again. In order to understand why this is happening we will need more details about the client computer configurations and log files from them: C:\Windows\Temp\LogMeInLogs\GoToAssist Remote Support Customer\ 

jasvKAB
New Contributor

And where do i send the logs?, dont see any option to attach in this system.

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

If you email them to gotoservice at logmein dot com we will get them and create a case.