cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Automaticaly close or resolve incidents if there is no reply from cutomer

Hi there,
I'm sorry for the delayed response.  At this time, it is not possible to to auto-close an incident if the ticket goes unresponsive, but I have changed this thread to an 'Idea' so that it can collect more votes towards a future Service Desk enhancement.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Costas Fakebook

I managed to make it work. 

I created 2 customs “Not Resolved” statuses, that will help us sort unresponsive incidents from customers and then force them to close them if there is no reply from the customer. 

Not Resolved – With Administrator

Not Resolved – With Customer

By default, new incidents go under “Not Resolved – With Administrator” and when you request input from the customer you have to switch it to “With Customer”

If the customer does not reply to the administrator within 48 hours, a comment will be added to the incident and the next day the incident will be closed as not resolved. 

incidents with the status “Not Resolved – With Customer” and were last active 2 days ago, a comment will be added by the system and also Prepend the titles with “NR:” No Reply

After 24 hours, if there is no reply from the Customer the incident will automatically changed to close with the resolution message “Resolved – No Reply”

Mary Forbes
Active Contributor

Thanks.  I like the logic for this! 
Mary Forbes
Active Contributor

How does setting up the trigger, report and action impact mean time to resolved?  How does this impact the SLA time?  Does the clock stop when you moved to resolved status?  I noticed on some test ones it does.  It is now impacting the mean time to resolve calculation since the final resolved date/time now reflects when the no response trigger action was taken (after 7 days).  We track MTTR and holding a ticket open waiting for a respone will impact it negatively.