cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Costas Fakebook

Automaticaly close or resolve incidents if there is no reply from cutomer

Senario: A customer creates an incident. Admin asks with a comment for further clarification in order to help him, and customer never replies. 

I am trying to find the best solution for closing/resolving incidents, that the customer did not reply. I want the customer to get notified, after a certain period of time, inform the customer that if you do not reply, we will consider the incident as closed or resolved. 

Thank you 
13 REPLIES 13
Daedalus1

Re: Automaticaly close or resolve incidents if there is no reply from cutomer

I think you can set up a trigger in Service Desk settings to do this
rob111
Active Contributor

I think this is best done with a report and a mass action on that report.   You can create a status and decide how long to give the customer before you action it then just set the due date out with a trigger when that status is set.  

Bcshay
Active Contributor

Here is how we do it. When an Incident is Resolved it will auto Close after 7 days. We give the customer time to confirm the resolution.

Create a Report within your service and set a mass action on it.

Sara111

Are you able to create a setting in GoToAssist to send an email out to the customer with predefined message when the incident is closed by the trigger?
rob111
Active Contributor

You could try adding that to the mass action on your report using the add comment option, then check to notify customer.

Bcshay
Active Contributor

I don't think that actually does anything though. Customers and watchlisted are sent CLOSED mail notifications by default. That notification cannot be configured or turned off.
Bcshay
Active Contributor

What you should do in order to fully understand non configurable and configurable notifications is create a sandbox service to use as your lab. This works great for testing before you enable a change in your live services.
Costas Fakebook

I managed to get this working with scheduled mass actions on the reports. 
Now my issue is the System Generated comment inserted by the Action Schedule which shows the user's name "updated by" the user which setup the report to run. Is there a way to change this to show updated as System Generated?
Mary Forbes
Active Contributor

Has anyone found a way around this?   Thinking I will have to have each technician build/save this report to run on the tickets where they are the assignee for the closed by to reflect their name.