cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bcshay
Active Contributor

Re: Fresh New Look Coming March 23, 2015

Change is good. The flat design is where everything has/is moving. If it's the spacing that kills it for you I'm sure Luke will work with you on that. 

I think the majority agrees the spacing is a little excessive. 
Joshua Davidson
Active Contributor

I tried the zoom but now we're making the text hard to read just to fit an extra half issue on the screen. We're going from 9 to 3.5 visible tickets on the dashboard. I don't really understand the need for "ample spacing" when I only have so much room on my screen and keep 5+ consoles throughout the day.

As an IT person I know people are naturally opposed to change but I'm still looking for the upside to this one. What are the advantages to this change? As it stands, it appears to be a cosmetic improvement in exchange for a loss of efficiency and honestly I don't have the time in my day to spare efficiency for appearance.
Luke Grimstrup
Retired GoTo Contributor

All,

Thanks so much for the feedback over this past week. The feedback provided has been invaluable and we'll be taking a lot of it into consideration as we continue to work on the final iteration over the next week.

In particular we've heard that the contrast doesn't really lend itself well on older displays, so we have immediately gone out and acquired older laptops and will continue have them floating around our office as test machines for the design team moving forward.

We're also formulating a plan on the best way to address the issues raised. In particular, contrast, spacing and readability are the major themes at the moment, and will feed everything we've heard so far into the final iteration.

The feedback received so far has been truly overwhelming, and is reassuring to know that we can count on receiving feedback directly from our users while these features are still in development and being finalised, rather than hypothesize what may or may not work best. You've played a massive part in helping us narrow our focus, and put the final polish on the new look.

Please keep the feedback coming in, and be specific about what you like and don't like, we are listening and taking it all into consideration. We're planning to have the major issues addressed in time by the 23rd.
Bcshay
Active Contributor

All they need to do is fix the spacing. I think we all agree from a visual perspective we are loosing the ability to quickly view ample information on a single page without scrolling.
Bruce Roberts

i saw this back 1 day ago - all good now
Jackie Bennion

The issues that we have with the new look are all here as detailsed by other users.  The team don't like the spacing or the colours and there seem to be changes to the dashboard sort options.  As it is a global setting I can't turn on the new look for myself to get some examples and I would not be popular if I were to swith it on while people are working.  Please try and get these issues sorted before the 23rd or hold off the upgrade until they are done.  Suggesting that browers be set to 75% would not work here because I've noticed that some team members have their browsers set to 110+
jason1111
Active Contributor

Hi Jackie, from what I understand, there will be a legacy option after the 23rd which will allow you to retain the old look. For how long this will remain after 23rd, I'm not sure.

Regarding the dashboard changes, it is totally customisable now. Click the little cog and select what you would like to view. You can also change column widths and have things looking just the way you like it (albeit no control over vertical spacing). This is one aspect of the new design that really is a fantastic improvement IMO. Hope that helps. 
jason1111
Active Contributor

Hey guys

Spotted a bug though it's probably already been picked up. 

If you have any priority above 9 and you sort your incident dashboard by priority, the priority's above 9 are not sorted numerically.  If you're already aware of this, cool beans!

Luke Grimstrup
Retired GoTo Contributor

We have rolled out the new look for all users, and at the same time incorporated a lot of the feedback here, particularly around contrast, readability and spacing issues.

Spacing Issues:
For dashboards, we have decreased the spacing between rows and increased the contrast on the hover state. These updates won't appear on the Incident Dashboard if you have 'Customizable Dashboard Columns' turned on, but should appear when we do the next release of that feature.

Within the record pages we have also decreased some of the spacing, and also eliminated the need for custom fields to always begin on a new row (underneath Incident Type and Category).

Contrast Issues:
Places where there is light text on a light background have also been addressed. This includes hover states, grey headings, the right hand side menu and many other places we uncovered once we had started looking.

Readability Issues:
Readability has also been improved the body text was a shade of dark grey. We have since reverted this back to a solid black which we believe should also help.

Thanks again for all the feedback throughout us rolling out the new look. It's really helped us identify and nail down the places that need improving before we turned the new look on for everyone.
Luke Grimstrup
Retired GoTo Contributor

Interesting! Noted, and will be fixed in one of the next releases for that feature.