cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erik111

Global Message to alert all clients on system issue or maintenance.

Ability to post or send Global Messages to the client portal rather than each client individually. I spoke to tech support and they advised to post the idea here. This would be useful for disaster recovery if user's are cut off from their email and we need to make periodic updates to all of them. Currently you would have to do each company individually.
4 REPLIES 4
Luke Grimstrup
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Global Message to alert all clients on system issue or maintenance.

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the feedback. I totally agree, having something like that would be great help for communicating key messages to your customers before they log incidents. This is a feature request we're currently tracking, and I've added a +1 against it.

As a workaround, you could go to Configure > Customer Portal > Default Settings, and set the Customer Portal Default to be Messages, and use Messages as your mechanism to broadcast system issues or maintenance.

Luke
Bcshay
Active Contributor

There also needs to be a date range for message expiration so they are automatically removed from Messages upon their ending date; unless they're set to never expire.
Arthur Abrantes

Any updates on this issue?

There really is a valid need - from a service desk admin perspective - to push out notifications about system downtime / maintenance through the application - to all customers.

The workaround is not sufficient. 
Customers may not be logged in the support portal all the time / or frequent enough to see the 'message'.

What we need is are two options -  to notify all customers or selected customers when a message gets posted or notify the customers about the actual message.

Thanks!
Antonio Scalise

riccoscalise.myintergold.com
partecipate pure voi al mio gruppo di guadagno,sul tavolo sarete soddisfatti